ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Same referees for two applicants for British citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Is it better to apply for citizenship as a family (where children are not dependents)?

Post by kxbooks » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am

My mum and I are currently filling out our online applications for citizenship, and we decided to do it in one joint application as she's heard it's better that way. However, I'm wondering what the benefits of this actually are, seeing as I'm over 18 and no longer a dependent.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is it better to apply for citizenship as a family (where children are not dependents)?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:35 am

kxbooks wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 am
My mum and I are currently filling out our online applications for citizenship, and we decided to do it in one joint application as she's heard it's better that way. However, I'm wondering what the benefits of this actually are, seeing as I'm over 18 and no longer a dependent.
As far as I know there is not a specific family application, applications are always considered for the individual, which is definitely the case if you are over 18, i.e. adult. If the online portal allows to put in additional applicants it may be less admin effort on your side, though the fees are still the same per person.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Is it better to apply for citizenship as a family (where children are not dependents)?

Post by obormot » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm

The only usefulness I can think about is that it might cross-reenforce the signal of ties and future with UK..

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Referee with a history of bankruptcy?

Post by kxbooks » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:23 pm

Sorry for yet another reference question, but I don't think this has already been asked. I'm currently looking for a referee for my mother, and she has a willing (British) referee who is a retired engineer. The only problem is that he went bankrupt at one point around 10 years ago, and we are wondering if this could possibly have an impact on the application. Would he still be OK to act as a referee, or would it be best to ask someone else? We've had so much trouble finding a suitable person, because my mum really doesn't know many people and has been a homebody for a while because of poor physical and mental health. Would appreciate any advice!

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by kxbooks » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 pm

[/quote]
As far as I know there is not a specific family application, applications are always considered for the individual, which is definitely the case if you are over 18, i.e. adult. If the online portal allows to put in additional applicants it may be less admin effort on your side, though the fees are still the same per person.
[/quote]

Thanks. By "family application" I meant the option where you can add another person's application alongside your own. Which is in most cases used by families I think.

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by kxbooks » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:33 pm

obormot wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:49 pm
The only usefulness I can think about is that it might cross-reenforce the signal of ties and future with UK..
Thanks, yeah I think this might be the case... Unrelated but.. I love your username :lol:

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Can I use a Permanent Residence Card from an expired passport in my application?

Post by kxbooks » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:58 pm

I am planning on using my permanent residence card to apply for citizenship. The card, which is in my passport, has an expiry date of 2024, but the passport itself expired in 2015... Will I still be able to use the card? How does it work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I use a Permanent Residence Card from an expired passport in my application?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm

You can use the PR Card.

Note however that you will be required to show a lot of evidence of being resident in the UK since 2015 if your passport has expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Can I use a Permanent Residence Card from an expired passport in my application?

Post by vaza » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm
You can use the PR Card.

Note however that you will be required to show a lot of evidence of being resident in the UK since 2015 if your passport has expired.
I assume CR001 means if you don't have a passport at all to show entry stamps for 5 years, then you have to show other evidence, same for EU citizens.

I don't think where the PR card is matters. OP has to prove residence - non-EU citizens with passports valid through the 5 years use stamps there; EU citizens prove them differently, same for non-EU citizens with no passports covering the period. Nothing special here, no?

I

kxbooks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Same referees for two applicants for British citizenship?

Post by kxbooks » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Me and another family member are applying for British citizenship and were wondering if it would be OK to share our two referees. Could there be any reasons for them to see this as suspicious? It's just less effort for us to ask people who know / could vouch for us both.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Same referees for two applicants for British citizenship?

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:53 pm

It is fine to use the same referees.plesee also keep your questions in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.