ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for pbs dependant (set o)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR on Tier 1 General PBS Dependant

Post by Nadhz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi All!
I have two questions regarding my ILR application. I am currently on Tier 1 General PBS Dependant Visa and have completed my 5 years. My Husband got his British Passport earlier this year.
My 2 questions are:
1- What is the ownership status of your home?
Our property is rented but my husband pays the rent as I’m not working. Since this is my application, which option should I choose? Will it be okay to choose ‘I rent it’ or should I choose ‘I live with my family’?

2- Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds?
My husband does receive Child Benefit. He applied for it after he got his ILR last year. I have read forums that it shouldn’t make a difference to the application as it is my application and I am not the one claiming the benefits. But, I just wanted to ask that what should I choose as the answer to this question? Would ‘No’ be the best answer or should I choose ‘Yes’?

Thank you!

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on Tier 1 General PBS Dependant

Post by bizman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:25 pm

I rent it is fine since you are married and are leaving together.
For the second question you are not the one taking the child’s benefit and also you are the only applicant, so you answer NO
Bizman

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 pm

Nadhz wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:50 pm
What form are you filling out?

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:50 am

bizman wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:25 pm
I rent it is fine since you are married and are leaving together.
For the second question you are not the one taking the child’s benefit and also you are the only applicant, so you answer NO
Thank you for your reply! That’s what I was thinking too. Thanks for confirming! I am sorry for asking again but do you know of anyone who may have been in a similar situation and selected these answers and got the ilr? Just want to double check.

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:38 pm
Nadhz wrote:
As mentioned above, I’m applying for the ILR on Tier 1 General PBS Dependant Set O

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Nadhz wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am
aman90 wrote:
Nadhz wrote:
As mentioned above, I’m applying for the ILR on Tier 1 General PBS Dependant Set O
You mentioned ur route not the form. You’ll be surprised how many people fill out the incorrect form.
Anyways.
The question regarding the home is not very important to worry abt. There is no financial requirement for PBS dep, so whatever you write should be fine. As for the second question, bizman has rightly pointed that ur the applicant not ur spouse. Spouse is not technically part of the application.

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Nadhz wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am
aman90 wrote:
Nadhz wrote:
You mentioned ur route not the form. You’ll be surprised how many people fill out the incorrect form.
Anyways.
The question regarding the home is not very important to worry abt. There is no financial requirement for PBS dep, so whatever you write should be fine. As for the second question, bizman has rightly pointed that ur the applicant not ur spouse. Spouse is not technically part of the application.
Thank you! Yes, you’re right regarding the form. Thank you again for your reply!

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:59 pm

I’ve completed my form, just confused about the two declarations in the end.
1- Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

I think it should be yes in this one since our bills and council tax bill are on both our names.

2-Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
I’m confused about whether to write yes or no in this one. I am financially dependant on my husband but I feel the answer should be no? He will be providing his bank statement as a proof of address, so confused which would be the right answer.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:28 am

So you don’t need to sign the third consent form if you have not received financial help third party
Bizman

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:58 pm

bizman wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:28 am
So you don’t need to sign the third consent form if you have not received financial help third party
Thanks for your reply. I’m still a little confused.

My question is, my husband does provide financial support to me, so wouldn’t that mean he has to sign in the third consent form? Or, do you mean the question is not referring to him and it refers to a third party completely?

I’m sorry about the repeated question but just need to clear my confusion before submitting the form.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 pm

No. He will sign consent form 2 for partners or spouse for joint accounts , joint names on utility bills etc. That also cover his financial support to you.
Bizman

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 pm

bizman wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:03 pm
No. He will sign consent form 2 for partners or spouse for joint accounts , joint names on utility bills etc. That also cover his financial support to you.
2nd consent is a third party consent as well isn’t it? I’m sorry for repeatedly asking but I am trying to understand the question. Since I am receiving financial help from my husband, shouldn’t I say ‘Yes’ on the third consent too as it asks about financial support?

Our utility bills are joint names which is why the 2nd consent should be ‘yes’. Our bank statements are separate and he is supporting me financially so I think I should mark the third consent ‘yes’ too? If I mark it ‘no’ that would be denying that he does not support me financially?

I’m sorry for the long post. Hoping to get a reply that makes me understand the question

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:46 pm

The second consent is about you and your partner in this case married as husband and wife and so one body. The third consent is for a third party financial support. The question is if your husband is a third party financial sponsor. However if you are not convinced you can sign the third consent as well, it makes no difference.
Bizman

zyou
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR for pbs dependant (set o)

Post by zyou » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I am a british citizen, got my ILR on tier 1 general. My wife is on a dependant visa so applying for her ILR through set 0 form. I have a couple of questions:

1 - Regarding the consent form 3

- 1st consent will be signed by my wife.

- 2nd consent will be by me as we have joint utility bills. We do not have joint bank account.

- 3rd consent: I am providing my bank statement, I am her sponsor and she is dependant on me so shall I say ‘YES‘ to the question where it says that ‘does the supporting document relate to a person who is to provide you financial support’ and sign the 3rd consent? What does financial support mean here? My wife is not working and she is my dependant which also means that she is financially dependant on me OR is this question not about me and is talking about any other person apart from me?

2 - Also, please note that I am taking child benefit after my ILR and on the public fund question where it says do you or anyone who is part of the application receive public fund, we have said NO as the child benefit is under my name and not my wife’s name. I hope that’s right?

3- As it’s my wife application she has said ‘I rent it’ on the ownership status of your home question, although I pay the rent. I hope that’s right?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for pbs dependant (set o)

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm

??? Multiple usernames are not permitted on the forum. Both username posting from the same static IP address.

member/Nadhz/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zyou
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zyou » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm
??? Multiple usernames are not permitted on the forum. Both username posting from the same static IP address.

member/Nadhz/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
This is my only account. My wife (Nadhz) had posted from her account previously and the answer she got didn’t solve the confusion we had so I have created a new account for myself. Hoping to clear my confusion and if two separate accounts are not allowed from the same ip I’m happy to delete my account.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 pm

zyou wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm
Believe me when I say none of ur questions are worth the amount of stress you and ur spouse are taking over it including the number of posts ur spouse has tagged on. Bizman has tried so truly well to help you. Mind you if any incorrect info was imparted one of the moderators would have interjected. Repeating the questions will not change the answers.
1. Let’s say the 3rd consent form doesn’t refer to you and you sign it., what would happen? Absolutely nothing! The visa will not be refused on a verification consent that you accidentally signed. And if you are meant to sign then it just works out fine for you.

2. You are free from immi control and are entitled to receive benefits. You are not part of the application.

3. Again an unimportant generic question. HO is aware you and ur spouse COHAB..

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 pm
zyou wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm
Believe me when I say none of ur questions are worth the amount of stress you and ur spouse are taking over it including the number of posts ur spouse has tagged on. Bizman has tried so truly well to help you. Mind you if any incorrect info was imparted one of the moderators would have interjected. Repeating the questions will not change the answers.
1. Let’s say the 3rd consent form doesn’t refer to you and you sign it., what would happen? Absolutely nothing! The visa will not be refused on a verification consent that you accidentally signed. And if you are meant to sign then it just works out fine for you.

2. You are free from immi control and are entitled to receive benefits. You are not part of the application.

3. Again an unimportant generic question. HO is aware you and ur spouse COHAB..

Thank you for your reply. I understand your point but the only reason we asked the question repeatedly was because Bizman mentioned that the 3rd consent is for the third party not the spouse and thats where the confusion was as we were not sure where it says that it is a third party question.

Your frustration is valid but it isn’t about ‘what difference it makes’, it’s about understanding what is right before submitting the application.

The reason I replied to your post is to just explain my point as to why we asked the question repeatedly regarding consent 3. It is not to disrespect anyone. We appreciate the time you and Bizman has taken out to respond.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Nadhz wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:05 pm
Your frustration is valid but it isn’t about ‘what difference it makes’, it’s about understanding what is right before submitting the application.

Lol. I feel sorry for you and ur plight not frustration.