ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of my English knowledge???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prototip
Newly Registered

Evidence of my English knowledge???

Post by prototip » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:42 am

Advise me pls, what is the evidence of my English knowledge?i have not any certificates.
In University I listened a course of the English language duration of 336 hours and a course of the English Language of Science duration of 68 hours. I passed examination on both courses for excellent mark (a grade of A). I have a document about this.
Is this an evidence for HO?

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:29 pm

Best is to get the letter from university stating the you have taken english course and for other subject state that the medium of instruction was english.

Further, if u have any international certifications , u can attach them as language used in internation certs. is also english.

I also submitted my certificate for WRITTEN ENGLISH which i got from brainbench.com for free in 2000.

Try to get letter from employer that english is used as official language at ur work place.

I think if u cannot arrange anything else, letter from uni is enough.

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:39 pm

They may also require an IELTS test score if you are from one of ex-SU states...

prototip
Newly Registered

Post by prototip » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:59 pm

that is a bad news for me....
i have no time to get IELTS (20 days to my 28th birthday)
i will send a letter from uni and a recommendation from English speaking partner of our company.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:37 am

i would say apply for HSMP now, with your transcript etc before you reach your 28th birthday. in the meantime you can do the IELTS and if the results are out before they have reached a decision then send it to the them. Remember if you do score 65 points minimum in the scoring section then you should get the HSMP, its when it comes to EC that they will probably be more strict on the english langauge require and I would think by that time you would have acquired the necessary documents