ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pay claiming on secondment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sana9
Newly Registered

pay claiming on secondment

Post by sana9 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi
I'm based out of India n working in a company. I'm in usa on secondment from oct 2007. I'm currently earning two salaries(per diem in usa account + indian pay in indian account).
How do I claim my earning points.
If i consider usa per diem i'm not eligible and so cannot apply from usa. whereas if i combine both the salaries or just the indian pay i'm good to apply.
i'm completing my assignment and going back to india in oct 2008.
my question is after going to india can i claim my earning points only through indian pay.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:02 am

1. Duplicate posts wont help you.
2. Please read "Past Earnings section" in Tier 1 guidance notes carefully. Also use BIA points calculator to determine your income.
( http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator , http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... yguide.pdf)
3. As a hint, the country where you work determines your income band (and not the country/countries where you are paid).
4. Some answers:
If i consider usa per diem i'm not eligible and so cannot apply from usa. whereas if i combine both the salaries or just the indian pay i'm good to apply.
First determine the income band and hence uplift ratio of country you have worked in (not where you are paid). Convert all earnings (in whatever currencies) to gbp. Apply uplift ratio to the total income. That would determine your salary for Tier 1 application.
i'm completing my assignment and going back to india in oct 2008.
my question is after going to india can i claim my earning points only through indian pay.
Yes, but you cannot apply uplift ratio of 5.3 to Indian income.