ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent ILR requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Uzair143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS Dependent ILR requirements

Post by Uzair143 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:45 pm

Hello, was filling my wifes SET O form for ILR and have a few questions if someone can help.

I am British National now and She is PBS dependent (Tier 1 general route) with her
First Visa granted on Nov 14 with entry to UK on Jan 15
First extension on March 16
Second Extension March 19
ILR due Jan 20 which I’m due to apply

Question 1:

Can someone confirm the list of documents required? Below is the list being provided at the end of the application:

1. The passport for the applicant
2. The language test certificate for Applicant to prove the level of English language required
3. Declaration signed by Myself to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
4. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Myself for joint accounts or third party support
5. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
6. Current Biometric Residence Permit for My wife (Applicant)
7. Evidence of Applicants immigration status in the UK

Questions 2 - list above doesn’t ask for any documents like bank statements / utility bills etc for prove 2 years cohabitation. Is that required for PBS dependents ILR on tier 1 general route? And how many documents covering what period if it is?

Question 3 - Document No 3 in list above (Declaration) asks for my consent however consent form part 1 (of the 3 part consent form) provided as part of application is a consent from for applicant and not myself. Is this an error as point 3 should have applicants name and not mine. I am already providing part 2 of consent form for 3rd party checks which covers item 4 in checklist.

Question 4 - Is the answer to this question NO as there is no financial requirement for PBS dependent when moving to ILR? "Does the account or utility Company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"

Thanks
Uzair

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent ILR requirements

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:43 am

Questions 2 - list above doesn’t ask for any documents like bank statements / utility bills etc for prove 2 years cohabitation. Is that required for PBS dependents ILR on tier 1 general route? And how many documents covering what period if it is?
That is the only thing missing. It is min 3 pieces of evidence covering the last two years
Question 3 - Document No 3 in list above (Declaration) asks for my consent however consent form part 1 (of the 3 part consent form) provided as part of application is a consent from for applicant and not myself. Is this an error as point 3 should have applicants name and not mine. I am already providing part 2 of consent form for 3rd party checks which covers item 4 in checklist.
It does NOT ask you, it is asking the applicant meaning your spouse :!: :!: The applicant must sign to consent to verification checks. You also need to consent to the verification checks as you share documents, henec two separate forms
Question 4 - Is the answer to this question NO as there is no financial requirement for PBS dependent when moving to ILR? "Does the account or utility Company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?"
Correct it is a No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Uzair143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Uzair143 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:59 am

Hi Zimba,

Thanks - That my concern due to which I'm asking this question.
Basically part 1 of consent (Declaration) is for applicant(Spouse) and it asks for applicant to sign the consent while filling the application.
However at the end when it comes to checklist it has these two items only relating to consent:

- Declaration signed by xxx (i.e. Sponsor) to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks
(Part 1 of consent is for applicant but checklist item has my name)
- Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Sponsor for joint accounts or third party support
(This is ok as ill sign part 2 of consent form for this)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:30 pm

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice