ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 Ent to 10 year route ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilruk84
United Kingdom

TIER 1 Ent to 10 year route ILR

Post by ilruk84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Dear Gurus,

Below is for my sister who will be eligible for 10 years ILR route in few months time and have some questions.

She came to UK in Sept 2009 on student visa which was issued for 2 years, in August 2011 she applied for PSW which was issued for 2 years and then in 2013 May she applied for TIER 1 Ent as team with my cousin brother, in Jan 2014 they received a letter from HO saying their case is complex and will take longer and after that no update from them.

In Sept 2017 my cousin varied his application to 10 year ILR route and updated HO that my sister will be only one for the Ent visa along with business account which joint account is now on her name and all funds are still there ie 50K his visa was refused but its a totally different case now but very brief his refusal was because he had 10 days gap in past in between his applications and is currently waiting for his JR review.

Now my sister will be completing her 10 years on Sept 16th and she is planning to apply for ILR before 28 days to completion now my questions are as everything is with HO (ie passport is now expired we have photocopy for it, her UK uni degree etc) how should be go on about varying her application ? Is there a template we can use to write cover letter to vary the application? All her application were on time and there has been no refusal on her past applications, anyone with similar kind of experience please do share here

Many Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: TIER 1 Ent to 10 year route ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:53 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm
Dear Gurus,

Below is for my sister who will be eligible for 10 years ILR route in few months time and have some questions.

She came to UK in Sept 2009 on student visa which was issued for 2 years, in August 2011 she applied for PSW which was issued for 2 years and then in 2013 May she applied for TIER 1 Ent as team with my cousin brother, in Jan 2014 they received a letter from HO saying their case is complex and will take longer and after that no update from them.

In Sept 2017 my cousin varied his application to 10 year ILR route and updated HO that my sister will be only one for the Ent visa along with business account which joint account is now on her name and all funds are still there ie 50K his visa was refused but its a totally different case now but very brief his refusal was because he had 10 days gap in past in between his applications and is currently waiting for his JR review.

Now my sister will be completing her 10 years on Sept 16th and she is planning to apply for ILR before 28 days to completion now my questions are as everything is with HO (ie passport is now expired we have photocopy for it, her UK uni degree etc) how should be go on about varying her application ? Is there a template we can use to write cover letter to vary the application? All her application were on time and there has been no refusal on her past applications, anyone with similar kind of experience please do share here

Many Thanks
wow you have been waiting since 2014 for a decision? Thats plain cruelty on HO part.

Wait for further advice from someone else.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Dear Gurus,

Many Thanks
How immensely stressful! Your sister hasn’t travelled out side the UK since 2013 and is keeping to the terms of which visa type?
Would be interesting to see what info HO holds by obtaining SAR.
As per my reading of LR route, date of visa issue, can be used as 10 year counting period.
Though I’ve never varied an application and this is just my opinion.. what is ur concern in writing up a cover letter urself? It would be a basic request to vary with pertinent info regarding previous application.. passports/visas photocopies used for the duration..basically covering the requirements for LR.. adding how she’s supporting herself financially for the past so many years..

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Yes thats right I can give you another example which is even worse for one of my very close friend who applied for PSW in March 2012 and he still waiting, the case went to court but still no luck HO is not giving any reason their only answer is that they are still doing background investigation (His past record is all clean no criminal record or anything like that)

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:55 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm
ilruk84 wrote:
Dear Gurus,

Many Thanks
How immensely stressful! Your sister hasn’t travelled out side the UK since 2013 and is keeping to the terms of which visa type?
As per my reading of LR route, date of visa issue, can be used as 10 year counting period.
Though I’ve never varied an application and this is just my opinion.. what is ur concern in writing up a cover letter urself? It would be a basic request to vary with pertinent info regarding previous application.. passports/visas photocopies used for the duration..basically covering the requirements for LR.. adding how she’s supporting herself financially for the past so many years..
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
She is still under PSW as per my knowledge until your case is decided you carry with your previous status
Yes are planning to apply for SAR soon
Not any concern just wanting to getting some wording for writing up letter and see how others have done it.
As per my reading 10 ILR only require lawfully residency only so I dont think we need to proof how she has been supporting herself financially?

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Just out of curiosity, have you tried contacting HO in all these years? Have you tried to involve local MP? 6 years seems to be a very long waiting time!!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:55 pm
aman90 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm
ilruk84 wrote:
Dear Gurus,

Many Thanks
Hi

Thanks for your feedback.
She is still under PSW as per my knowledge until your case is decided you carry with your previous status
Yes are planning to apply for SAR soon
Not any concern just wanting to getting some wording for writing up letter and see how others have done it.
As per my reading 10 ILR only require lawfully residency only so I dont think we need to proof how she has been supporting herself financially?

Regards
As far as I know, when you fill out the online form it asks about any pending applications with HO and asks for the case reference numbers. So I am of the view once you apply LR, giving the previous case number will vary the application along with a cover letter.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:36 pm

Though there is no financial requirement and LR is assessed on continuous residence...providing evidence of financial activity would strengthen the case as a productive resident. If she has social ties such as family would be another factor. LIUK and photocopies of previous visas, passports and academic degree in case HO has lost documents. There should be no reason to deny or delay grant of ILR. She's suffered enough.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Dear All,

Just quick update on my sister case, couple of weeks back she varied her application to ILR under 10 years rule as she has been here legally since 2009, now its wait game again not sure how long HO will take it but let see.

I have question if some senior member can answer it, as my sister has varied her application does she still need to keep £50,000 in her business account? Is there any chance HO can ask for the proof if she still has it as her lawyer is saying not to withdraw it until case is decided which I don't understand why as her application is changed now ? Just to add here that she has been holding this money since she applied for T1 Ent so she has all the bank statements to prove that money has been in the account.

Many Thanks

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm
Dear All,

Just quick update on my sister case, couple of weeks back she varied her application to ILR under 10 years rule as she has been here legally since 2009, now its wait game again not sure how long HO will take it but let see.

I have question if some senior member can answer it, as my sister has varied her application does she still need to keep £50,000 in her business account? Is there any chance HO can ask for the proof if she still has it as her lawyer is saying not to withdraw it until case is decided which I don't understand why as her application is changed now ? Just to add here that she has been holding this money since she applied for T1 Ent so she has all the bank statements to prove that money has been in the account.

Many Thanks
Any thoughts on this anyone? Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:58 am

ilruk84 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm
And why would they need to see the 50k for Tier1 for LR now. Her PSW conditions are still running.
What’s the lawyer logic behind it? He clearly doesn’t understand the factors that are taken into account and is more focused on perception.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:44 am

aman90 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:58 am
ilruk84 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:06 pm
And why would they need to see the 50k for Tier1 for LR now. Her PSW conditions are still running.
What’s the lawyer logic behind it? He clearly doesn’t understand the factors that are taken into account and is more focused on perception.
Exactly that was my question why she still need to keep 50k in her business account as we have now vary the application and his answers were not conceivable as he kept saying that it was just to be on safe side which I dont get it.
So my question here in forum was that if its OK to withdraw that money I personally think it should be fine but wanted to have some expert opinion and thoughts on this

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 am

It’ll be fine to withdraw.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi,

Just a quick update on my sister application, today she has received the cheque for her T1E application refund I hope things are progressing and will soon get the decision.

Regards