ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Possible grave mistake on Naturalisation application **HELP NEEDED**

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newday89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Possible grave mistake on Naturalisation application **HELP NEEDED**

Post by Newday89 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 am

Hi all :)

I have been reading this forum for years reading all the good advise. Last night was the night when I decided to finally have the guts to press submit on my Naturalisation application which I did. Guess what? I think I may have made the biggest mistake and have been in a state of panic since last night :((( so I really really would appreciate your help.

On the application, under the "Nationality Details", it has asked me for passport details which I could not provide as I am a refugee from Iraq.

Then there is a question, "Do you have a travel document?" . where I entered my UK issued refugee travel document details.

However now in the list of one the mandatory documents that I need to provide, it says you MUST provide your travel document issued BY IRAQ or it will get rejected :((((. I incorrectly thought that the application is asking for UK travel document details not my original nationality travel document.

I need to know, do I have any chance left or have I completely messed this one up? Is there any point in sending a cover letter to Home Office to explain the above?

Would really really appreciate any help as frankly I am feeling so so down over this now I actually don't know what to do any more :(

Thank you

Springie
United Kingdom

Re: Possible grave mistake on Naturalisation application **HELP NEEDED**

Post by Springie » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:42 pm

You should be fine. You can also write a cover letter to include with your scanned documents, explaining that as a refugee, you have the UK-issued travel document and that your passport/any other documents are with the Home Office, etc.

The form is designed for everyone and can't tell the difference between a refugee and non-refugee.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Possible grave mistake on Naturalisation application **HELP NEEDED**

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:39 am

Newday89 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:45 am
Hi all :)

I have been reading this forum for years reading all the good advise. Last night was the night when I decided to finally have the guts to press submit on my Naturalisation application which I did. Guess what? I think I may have made the biggest mistake and have been in a state of panic since last night :((( so I really really would appreciate your help.

On the application, under the "Nationality Details", it has asked me for passport details which I could not provide as I am a refugee from Iraq.

Then there is a question, "Do you have a travel document?" . where I entered my UK issued refugee travel document details.

However now in the list of one the mandatory documents that I need to provide, it says you MUST provide your travel document issued BY IRAQ or it will get rejected :((((. I incorrectly thought that the application is asking for UK travel document details not my original nationality travel document.

I need to know, do I have any chance left or have I completely messed this one up? Is there any point in sending a cover letter to Home Office to explain the above?

Would really really appreciate any help as frankly I am feeling so so down over this now I actually don't know what to do any more :(

Thank you
You have not done any mistake. You are over thinking. Your home country passport is already with the Home Office (I am assuming). Ignore the checklist. Once you put your nationality, the checklist by default asks you about your home country passport. UKVCAS staff is aware refugees cant produce home country passports.
If you have a UK Refugee Blue Convention document, just take that with you. You will be fine.
Add a simple line on the cover letter that you Home Country Passport is with the Home Office already.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.