ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

They screwed my work experience, remember? Continuation...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korben Dallas

They screwed my work experience, remember? Continuation...

Post by Korben Dallas » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

if somebody still remembers, here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=3121 I was rejected. Of course, I decided not to let them think I agree and reacted as described below.

1. Another day (after getting an envelope) I called HO and asked for my case worker. It was on Tuesday. The operator told me my case worker was not in till next Monday (damn, we are on Tuesday today - wait another week??). I tried to get through to manager or whosoever (of course, I was polite. sort of thing). No way - only case worker is in charge for my case.
2. Ok, at least I will arrange a good letter explaining how they are wrong about me. I faxed them a letter in the morning on Monday and dialled in again. Good news, she was at the place. I mentioned about fax I sent but she told she never received - ok, I fax online with her and she confirms the receipt. Sure, my fax confirmed me receipt even on previous time! Ok. I explain step by step what I do and that it is absolutely impossible to work where I do with no degree in Electronics and stuff. She listens and lets me finish. I'm done. I asked her to review this info and revise the decision to re-approve me. She says it will take at least couple days to "recall my case" so I promise to ring back.
3. I rang back but have been told that from now on there will be another case worker that will handle my case. Shit, I need to tell my story again?? Fine, I'll do it - my target is to be approved not to give up on the way. But those robots don't know which case worker will be dealing with me and when - "it could take from 6 to 26 weeks in your case". Thank you very much, it is very useful and hopeful. Nevertheless I insist on notifying me by email and contact me in any case of misunderstanding or documents sortage. "Ok, ok we will do this...".
4. Shit, I don't eat this: after few days of silence I decide to email them with request on my case again. Who is the case worker? What I need else to supply to get approved? Silence.
5. After another few days I receive a reply from somebody saying that if I add some more info I need to resubmit my case, ya know... Ok. I call my translator to get papers printed and sealed again. (I haven't received my translated copies from HO first time). Of course, pay for this. Arrange shipment and send it out again with new employer reference letter (based on the fax info I provided). No lies, no shit - 2 pages letter saying that in 2 facing years I achieved the vice president chair (btw, I still think they didn't believe this first time). let's see whats now..
6. I got it all shipped by UPS courier as previously and get it delivered in 2 days preiod. Cool.
7. I waited couple weeks to let them process credit card and re-sort the docs. Then I dialled in again (it was on 03/23). I explained who I am and what the point was: "my first case was refused and I faxed an explanation letter asking for the review. I waited for a long time before you guys replied and the only answer I got was from Ms XXXXXX (really don't recall her name - but that time I remembered) to re-submit my new app."
"we don't have here anybody with such name" - was an answer. Ok doesnt' matter if you cannot find such guy - so do I. Lets continue. She looked the computer few and told that I was refused once again because of work experience. What??? Again??? I didn't believe that. I felt completely destroyed! All this stuff with calls and faxes I made from work and it was not the right place to get it heard!!! facing shit! I put so much efforts into this and they just screwed me again. Then I asked her about the chronology of the cases and here we go to most interesting point. Listen well. The second refusal belonged to the review I requested earlier. It happened on 03/21. My second case was delivered on 03/15. Actually the week is more than enough for them now, so all could be. I asked few time to clarify if my second refusal is not about my new app. She confirmed it: when applicant sends the case, they assign the number in a well known format (like XXXXX). If it was refused and applicant asked for review they add /01 suffix to the initial number. In my case it was worst: somebody there made a mistake and input the review 2 times instead of one. Hell, all the way I meet mistakes and misunderstandings. Ok, she fixed it, but the decision was made: rejected on review.
8. Read on. I asked what about my new app - was it reviewed/recieved? No. ???? What the hell is going on between me and them?? She told that they never received my new case from Doncaster. Why? "Probably credit card problems or so. You need to ring your credit card company to check and then call us back." Do you have another direct number to call - this one is always busy... "No." Ok, I call me credit card company and they approve the payment from the UK was taken out on 03/15. I ring back. Another operator answers. I ask to put me through to Pat (the first one that told me to check and stuff) - I want to save time on explanations. "She is on the phone right now..." OK. I explain everything to her from the beginning about both cases, "multiple" reviews, UPS delivery confirmation and credit card payment taken out. She also says they didn't receive any other case under my name so they need to double check with Doncaster office. She says I need to fax her UPS waybill trk number and credit card info + insuring bank name. Damn, I'm at work and have no this stuff with me. I promise to fax it all back in a while. I call my wife and instruct her to get all this shit together at one page to get it faxed to them just to get my case found. I have done so. I faxed UPS trk # + cc + bank name. Then I followed up to verify if they received it or not assuming that they receive 10K faxes daily. Pat answered and asked for couple days to get it checked.
9. It was on Wednesday last week. I called them on Friday but no one answered (busy all the time - Easter holiday). I will do it tomorrow on Tuesday and hope they have found the case with my diplomas and stuff to countinue fighting. That's the story until now. I will keep you updated about my timeline if it makes sense to somebody...

lightbringer

Post by lightbringer » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:34 pm

Thanks for the exhaustive story,
It is sad to know about the mess happening at HO!!!
Keep us updated please.

All the best with your application. Do not give up..

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:47 pm

funny shit. my wife just called when she found the letter from hsmp in our mailbox (I'm still at work), saying that my work experience was rejected since I'm in my vice president position from May'04 and I submitted my app in Jan'05 so 2 years experience was not confirmed. Damn, what have I done at my work before I became the vp?? Of course, I worked as a purchaser what also required university degree! And I have 3 years experience in general: 1 year + 2 years in diff. companies. Seems, the UK doesn't want me, guys. I'm still about to finish with my second app as I already sent it, but this battle becomes really not equal. The obvious things are kind of hard-to-confirm....

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Korben,
I appreciate how taxing and annoying the experience must have been but you are reacting way too emotionally. This is all very dry stufff, so your emotions are not helping you. I also was rejected initially, appealed and my appeal was granted. Perhaps you may benefit from applying using an OISC-registered immigration advisor or solicitor.

Best of luck.

Impact
Newly Registered

Post by Impact » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:47 pm

hi! korben,

I hope you are ok, and have not got high blood pressure from those headless chickens. I am also waiting for my review, sent fax on the 1st of april, phoned yesterday 4th, and the guy said we have 100's of fax to clear and it is not necessarily your original caseworker who works on the review. i hope i get someone else this time, with a bit more common sense.

Keep us informed on your case, good luck!!!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:53 pm

hi korben,

good luck with your case. sounds like a lot of disorganisation over there at HSMP, and i'm sorry your case got caught up in it. i'm glad you were able to make them aware of the resubmission though. hopefully, you get a reasonable caseworker to approve your work experience points.