ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen but not living in UK right now wants to ome back with family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mrsurfer12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British citizen but not living in UK right now wants to ome back with family

Post by Mrsurfer12 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi,
Respectable users,my question here i am a british citizen mu son born in uk he got british passport but my wife carrying pakistani passport her visa expired this year. We left the UK in 2019 this year, if i want to come back to the UK with my family what visa do i need to apply for my wife your opinion much appreciated.
Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: British citizen but not living in UK right now wants to ome back with family

Post by TODMATT » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:56 pm

You will need to apply for another entry clearance application all over again.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Mrsurfer12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: British citizen but not living in UK right now wants to ome back with family

Post by Mrsurfer12 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:12 am

Thanks for your reply and can you please tell me what documents do i need to submit. Can i show my job from outside the uk. And please can you provide any link where i find all necessary information.
Thanks

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:40 am

Mrsurfer12 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:12 am
Thanks for your reply and can you please tell me what documents do i need to submit. Can i show my job from outside the uk. And please can you provide any link where i find all necessary information.
Thanks
Start here for an overview of what will be required:
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

You can use income from a job outside the UK to meet the financial requirement, but if you intended to move back to the UK together at the same time, you will also need a confirmed offer of employment in the UK starting within 3 months of your return that also meets the financial requirement (more info below). Alternatively cash savings held for at least 6 months in excess of £62,500 could be used instead of employment income to meet the financial requirement.

Guidance on financial requirements:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:40 am
Alternatively cash savings held for at least 6 months in excess of £62,500 could be used instead of employment income to meet the financial requirement.
Cash saving up to £62500 alone will be fine as the op's child is British national.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:17 pm
Cash saving up to £62500 alone will be fine as the op's child is British national.
If it's less than £62,500 it would have to be supplemented with income, but yes, I suppose exactly £62,500 would be fine as well and I could have been more clear with that.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.