ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of citizenship ceremony location

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manvipo

Change of citizenship ceremony location

Post by manvipo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can advice me if it is possible to change the location of my citizenship ceremony. The place I chose won't have one until beginning of February, which is a long wait. I was thinking I would be possible to change to some places that do have closer date for the citizenship ceremony.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Change of citizenship ceremony location

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:55 am

manvipo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 am
Hi all,

I wonder if someone can advice me if it is possible to change the location of my citizenship ceremony. The place I chose won't have one until beginning of February, which is a long wait. I was thinking I would be possible to change to some places that do have closer date for the citizenship ceremony.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you asked for a private ceremony?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes, but it is over£300 that's way too expensive.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:29 pm

Not so easy to change council for the ceremony. You need to notify ho and the council. Then your certificate is sent back to ho and then resent to another council. The process can take several weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ty3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ty3 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:10 pm

manvipo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm
I paid £245 because I can’t wait till March nxt year the council making money from private ceremony

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Ty3 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:10 pm
manvipo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:13 pm
I paid £245 because I can’t wait till March nxt year the council making money from private ceremony
That's too expensive. I guess this depends on the council.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

manvipo

Post by manvipo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:49 am

Thanks to everyone for their reply!
How long will it take once I contacted the HO and council? Is that the standard for people to wait for months for a ceremony?
I might just sit tight and wait for the 5th of February as I cannot afford to part with another £325 on top of my application fee.

Thanks again.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 pm

manvipo wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:49 am
Thanks to everyone for their reply!
How long will it take once I contacted the HO and council? Is that the standard for people to wait for months for a ceremony?
I might just sit tight and wait for the 5th of February as I cannot afford to part with another £325 on top of my application fee.

Thanks again.
The frequency of the ceremony varies from one council to another. some council will conduct the ceremony every month, some could be more frequent or less frequent. There is also no standard fee for private ceremony as this is set by individual council. I know of councils charging between £25 and £75 in Scotland. In contrast to £325, I think it's not worth it, as the private ceremony will not last for more than 30 minutes. You might has well wait till 5th Feb.
I don't know about changing your ceremony council, especially as the Christmas and New Year holidays are approaching, you might find out that changing your council could be even longer than 5th February. I guess you just have to wait.