ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 general - same employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

h2r2
Newly Registered
India

Switch from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 general - same employer

Post by h2r2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:11 pm

I came to UK from India as PBS dependant (dependant on Tier 2 ICT ) in Feb 2018 and the PBS dependant visa is valid till November 2020. I am working with a company since July 2018 ( through advertisement and interview in Indeed website) and they are sponsoring me the Tier 2 general visa now, and I’m currently working with them. The company have done RLMT on Aug 2019, and were not able to find a suitable candidate. The job was advertised in Indeed website. The job title is Software Engineer and is on Shortage Occupation list (Programmers and software development professional) SOC 2136 and I have over 9 years of experience in this field. The company have received the Sponsorship licence on 22 November, 2019 and has applied for restricted COS on 27 November, 2019 under Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) and work start date is 1 Jan, 2020. Currently awaiting the COS to be allocated on 11th of December, 2019. The salary also is above the £32000 per annum. The company is a A-rated license sponsor
I have below questions:
1) Is the RLMT mandatory for jobs in Shortage list of Occupation. If yes, what all information, do we need to provide in the visa application?
2) Is there any chance the COS will not be issued on 11th of December, 2019

3) Is there any issue in visa processing, if we apply the visa after the start date mentioned in the COS. i.e. by second week of Jan, 2020

4) In the Visa application, can I give the details of the company which is sponsoring me in the Current employment status section, as I’m currently working for them.
5) How do I surrender my current Tier 2 ICT dependant visa. Will it become invalid, as I get the Tier 2 general visa

6) If, by any chance, my Tier 2 general visa is rejected, will my Tier 2 ICT dependant visa will be valid till its expiry date (November 2020- Tier 2 ICT – dependant) and can I return to UK with Tier 2 ICT Dependant visa without any cooling period.

7) Will the factor that the sponsoring company is my current employer cause delay in my visa application process

8) What is maximum processing time for Tier2 General work visa while applying from India.
9) Is it wise to apply the visa directly, without the help of agency.

Highly appreciate some clarifications for the above questions.

way2iima
Newly Registered
India

Re: Switch from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 general - same employer

Post by way2iima » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi h2r2,

I am in a similar situation as you and I do have same queries as you posted below, have you received the response for your queries? Please let me know.

Thanks.
h2r2 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:11 pm
I came to UK from India as PBS dependant (dependant on Tier 2 ICT ) in Feb 2018 and the PBS dependant visa is valid till November 2020. I am working with a company since July 2018 ( through advertisement and interview in Indeed website) and they are sponsoring me the Tier 2 general visa now, and I’m currently working with them. The company have done RLMT on Aug 2019, and were not able to find a suitable candidate. The job was advertised in Indeed website. The job title is Software Engineer and is on Shortage Occupation list (Programmers and software development professional) SOC 2136 and I have over 9 years of experience in this field. The company have received the Sponsorship licence on 22 November, 2019 and has applied for restricted COS on 27 November, 2019 under Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted) and work start date is 1 Jan, 2020. Currently awaiting the COS to be allocated on 11th of December, 2019. The salary also is above the £32000 per annum. The company is a A-rated license sponsor
I have below questions:
1) Is the RLMT mandatory for jobs in Shortage list of Occupation. If yes, what all information, do we need to provide in the visa application?
2) Is there any chance the COS will not be issued on 11th of December, 2019

3) Is there any issue in visa processing, if we apply the visa after the start date mentioned in the COS. i.e. by second week of Jan, 2020

4) In the Visa application, can I give the details of the company which is sponsoring me in the Current employment status section, as I’m currently working for them.
5) How do I surrender my current Tier 2 ICT dependant visa. Will it become invalid, as I get the Tier 2 general visa

6) If, by any chance, my Tier 2 general visa is rejected, will my Tier 2 ICT dependant visa will be valid till its expiry date (November 2020- Tier 2 ICT – dependant) and can I return to UK with Tier 2 ICT Dependant visa without any cooling period.

7) Will the factor that the sponsoring company is my current employer cause delay in my visa application process

8) What is maximum processing time for Tier2 General work visa while applying from India.
9) Is it wise to apply the visa directly, without the help of agency.

Highly appreciate some clarifications for the above questions.