ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa for Parents in Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family Visit Visa for Parents in Pakistan

Post by sana85 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:24 pm

I have British citizenship, I would like to sponsor my mother and father for a UK visit. I have been browsing Home Office website (Visit Visa sections) and trying to understand the documents that are required.
Unfortunately it doesn't have the comprehensive list of required documents.

I would appreciate if someone here could elaborate on the list of required documents or perhaps share the list they provided to the Home office for their Family Visit Visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visit Visa for Parents in Pakistan

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:23 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:51 pm

Thank you for providing the web link. I have browsed the link, this only lists documents for regular Visit Visa but I am specifically looking for Family Visit Visa. If I am sponsoring them what documents as a sponsor I need to provide and what documents applicants (my parents) need to provide?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm

In same forum there are several threads about the list of documents and member's success experiences are available which you can search yourself.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm
In same forum there are several threads about the list of documents and member's success experiences are available which you can search yourself.
Thank you for replying. I have searched the forums but I am unable to find any hence created this one. I would appreciate if you could share the thread links. Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Around 1852+ topics about it. click at below

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... m+pakistan

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:42 pm

sana85 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:56 pm
seagul wrote:
Thank you for replying. I have searched the forums but I am unable to find any hence created this one. I would appreciate if you could share the thread links. Regards
HI
Your parents need to prove that they have very strong social and economic ties in Pakistan. So they will leave the UK after the short visit.
Your parents documents are more important and carries more weight for visit visa decision making than your's.
Most important thing DO NOT deposit big amount of money in your father or mother bank accounts before applying visa. It will make your application very weak as Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) thinks that u put that money in their bank accounts just to obtain visa and undermine the credibility of visit visa application.

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks for sending the link. When I clicked on it I got this message Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system. :-(

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:09 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:42 pm
sana85 wrote:
seagul wrote:
HI
Your parents need to prove that they have very strong social and economic ties in Pakistan. So they will leave the UK after the short visit.
Your parents documents are more important and carries more weight for visit visa decision making than your's.
Most important thing DO NOT deposit big amount of money in your father or mother bank accounts before applying visa. It will make your application very weak as Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) thinks that u put that money in their bank accounts just to obtain visa and undermine the credibility of visit visa application.
Thank you for replying. My parents have a House registered in their name but they do not have an employment (they are old and retired with no pension). They have approx £5k savings. Would you be able to shed some light on the documents that we can submit to prove strong social & economic ties?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:23 pm

sana85 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:03 pm
seagul wrote:

Thanks for sending the link. When I clicked on it I got this message Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system. :-(
That link is perfectly working. Maybe try another device or even PC to click on this link. This link will give you a lot of valuable information and experiences.

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:23 pm
sana85 wrote:
seagul wrote:

That link is perfectly working. Maybe try another device or even PC to click on this link. This link will give you a lot of valuable information and experiences.
I tried from different devices it still doesn't work. Do you know if this is because my account is fairly new?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 pm

sana85 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:28 pm
seagul wrote:
sana85 wrote:
seagul wrote:

I tried from different devices it still doesn't work. Do you know if this is because my account is fairly new?
Maybe about which i am unaware. Maybe some moderator/admin advise/fix it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 pm
sana85 wrote:
seagul wrote:
sana85 wrote:

New members for some reason cannot search when logged in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:33 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:31 pm
sana85 wrote:
seagul wrote:

New members for some reason cannot search when logged in.
Account was created last week. Do you know when will the system recognise me as not being a new member so that I can use search?

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:51 pm

sana85 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:09 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
sana85 wrote:

HI
Thank you for replying. My parents have a House registered in their name but they do not have an employment (they are old and retired with no pension). They have approx £5k savings. Would you be able to shed some light on the documents that we can submit to prove strong social & economic ties?
Ok. Do u have any siblings back home? If yes what are they doing? If your parents have no job, business or mean of living than its very hard for them to get the visa.
How your parents bearing all the living expenses? Who is supporting them?

sana85
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sana85 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:51 pm
sana85 wrote:
Route to ILR wrote:
sana85 wrote:

HI
Ok. Do u have any siblings back home? If yes what are they doing? If your parents have no job, business or mean of living than its very hard for them to get the visa.
For their UK visit I'll be sponsoring them. I am in full time employment and have personal savings of £20k.
My parents are living on the rental income. But this is collected and spent as Cash there are no bank deposits or tax documents.

OmairB
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by OmairB » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:51 pm

sana85 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
sana85 wrote:
Route to ILR wrote:
For their UK visit I'll be sponsoring them. I am in full time employment and have personal savings of £20k.
My parents are living on the rental income. But this is collected and spent as Cash there are no bank deposits or tax documents.
sana85 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
sana85 wrote:
Hi do you have any update on this? I have a relative in very similar circumstances and they are considering making an application just to visit.