ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension Form Question

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension Form Question

Post by hbhatt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:38 pm

So, I am on ILR(Tier 2 -- 5 Year route) and I know that I can apply PBS dependent extension but I have few questions about the form.

Which visa or permission to stay has xxxxxx applied for or been granted? A: Tier 2 (General) leave to remain (As they do not have option for ILR and it says If the main applicant has been granted indefinite leave to remain or British Citizenship, you should choose the PBS Tier under which they were granted leave before.)

1) Do you have one of these Home Office reference numbers for xxxxxx? -- Do I have to give my current BRP or previous Tier 2 BRP number?

2) Is xxxxxx work in a shortage occupation? A:Yes -- But my company does not have sponsor license now so does this still apply?

3) What is the length of xxxxxx Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)? A: less than 3 years -- Company doesn't have license now so Do I have to enter previous CoS length?

4) Has xxxxxx sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance? A: Yes -- But again can they do this even if they do not have sponsor license now? (we also have balance maintained but not sure if company can still certify maintenance)

5) Proof of xxxxxx relationship status as the married or civil partner of xxxxxx? -- What should I provide for this?

Thanks in advance!! :D :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Extension Form Question

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:41 pm

1. Current BRP.

2. You state what your last CoS was.

3. Same as #2 above.

4. A sponsor company cannot certify maintenance for a dependent when the main tier 2 visa has ILR. You have to prove £630 maintenance funds for the full 90 days.

4. Marriage certificate???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hbhatt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Thanks CR001. It makes sense. :D

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hbhatt » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi, My previous COS was shortage of occupation so does this mean she need to pay £704 or £464? (according to the website https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general for tier 2 shortage occupation under 3 years dependent fees is £464) Just a little confuse...

Thanks in advance!! :)

hbhatt
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hbhatt » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Anyone is it going to be £704 or £464 for the application fees? my last COS was shortage occupation and I am still in the same role (but switched to ILR).