ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hanu
Newly Registered

Re: its only been 7 days and im stressing!!!!!

Post by Hanu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:12 am

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:Im from the UK, and my Wife has submitted an application a few days ago for Souse Visa to re-enter the UK under the correct entry clearance. She was here under visitor status we had Nikkah done and English Registry.

She's only been gone a week and im already feeling it. I hate these stressing times in life, Inshallah i hope he outcome is positive, As someone stated earlier they told my wife, it takes around 2 months to process the application which in my opinion is far too long, but it is known to be done in 2 weeks. i gather its just Pot luck!

Thanks to whoever posted the message earlier explaining how to enter the application number in the "gerry application website" very helpful and handy. i was wondering why it kept stating invalid search, the matter is now resolved.

DulheRaja Sorry man, hearing stories like yours put alot of doubt in my mind, its Jumma tomorrow going to pray for a good outcome. i hope your matter gets resolved quicky.

I MISSS MY WIFEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just thought id let my anger out on here LOL.. this visa stuff is very stressfull.
What Marriage Certificate you provided with the your Wife Visa Application, I hope you submitted the civil marriage certificate along with your application

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Yes Hanu, i submitted both the civil marriage certificate as well as the islamic NikkaNama.

Iv been waiting since the 9th of June, and still the tracking websites is saying "application forwarded to Islamabad OC, I hope it doesnt take much longer. Iv been waiting along time (well it seems like that)...

My wife has travelled very frequency between Pakistan and UK on Visitor Visa, she even visited france and belgium (im an EU national and i havent). Hopefully im looking forward to some progress on the application this month.

what are your ideas? any timescales for these matters?

Thanks

Hanu
Newly Registered

Post by Hanu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:Yes Hanu, i submitted both the civil marriage certificate as well as the islamic NikkaNama.

Iv been waiting since the 9th of June, and still the tracking websites is saying "application forwarded to Islamabad OC, I hope it doesnt take much longer. Iv been waiting along time (well it seems like that)...

My wife has travelled very frequency between Pakistan and UK on Visitor Visa, she even visited france and belgium (im an EU national and i havent). Hopefully im looking forward to some progress on the application this month.

what are your ideas? any timescales for these matters?

Thanks
Thats Fine because your Civil Marriage Certificate is more important Inshallah Ur wife Got the Visa Soon But i think still the May cases are not cleared yet so might be it will take 3 to 4 weeks more

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 am

Thank Hanu for some re-assurng news.

I hope they dont take as long as u said, but however long it takes i hope she gets the visa, Inshallah.

They are taking a very long time to process these things i see. Im literally counting the days on my calender, i miss my wife sooo much.... lifes just not the same without her. Inshallah i hope they would hurry up. Its constant pressure on my head as well. something i could well do without.

Pharoah_Faisel

Islamabad OC Details Required???????

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:42 am

HI everyone

Just a quick question, does anyone have the details for the Islamabad OC? Telephone, Address etc etcc..

If you have the telephone, please state wheather you ring from Inside Pakistan or International????

Im been checkin the progress of the Application but it still says application forwarded to Islamabad OC, that ever since we submitted it...
How many other steps are to go, do they bother to update the progress or is it best to keep phoning the gerrys office where the application was submitted????????????????????????

Many Thanks

susy1

Re: Islamabad OC Details Required???????

Post by susy1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:HI everyone

Just a quick question, does anyone have the details for the Islamabad OC? Telephone, Address etc etcc..

If you have the telephone, please state wheather you ring from Inside Pakistan or International????

Im been checkin the progress of the Application but it still says application forwarded to Islamabad OC, that ever since we submitted it...
How many other steps are to go, do they bother to update the progress or is it best to keep phoning the gerrys office where the application was submitted????????????????????????

Many Thanks
i think OC is probably the BHC as the applications submitted to the Visa centre are sent to there.
try this: http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 6076734150

British High Commission Islamabad

Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna-5
Islamabad, Pakistan

Calling from UK = 0092 51 201 2000
Calling from Paks = 0512012000
They're not very useful, they will either put the phone down on you or will transfer u straight to the visa centre.

you can email them on: Visa Section, Islamabad
visqry.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

good luck,

susy1

Re: Islamabad OC Details Required???????

Post by susy1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:HI everyone

Many Thanks
call gerrys now and again, website doesnt get updated often.

muzzi17

June Spuse Visa

Post by muzzi17 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 am

Hi All,
anyone who applied for spouse visa in June and got a response yet???

shameem

Post by shameem » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 am

My husband applied in the middle of June and we still havent heard anything yet. The website is still saying the same "Application forwared......". It can take up 2 6o days though for a reply.

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Shameem,
thanks for reply, its a relief....... to feel that i am not the only one, but 60 days hayyy thats too much :( been ringing Jerry's every other day and its the same story everytime

i wish you good luck Shameem

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi All

My wife submitted her application on 9th june. but says th same thing on the aplication status website "application forwarded.......etc etc"... when i hear something i will let you all know.

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Right...Im fed up of waiting im going to pakistan.... just booked my ticket for £350 RTN to be with my Mrs....woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PAKISTAN HERE I COMEEE!!!!!!

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:33 pm

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:Right...Im fed up of waiting im going to pakistan.... just booked my ticket for £350 RTN to be with my Mrs....woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PAKISTAN HERE I COMEEE!!!!!!
i hope you have a really good time there - who r u flying with? im looking for tickets but cant find anything under 600!!

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:36 pm

Im flying alone, using AirBlue

i booked my tickets through www.flightcatchers.com, they re open 24/7 call them on: 02071831808. ask them what the cheapest rates are, im flying on 14th August, my friends also gettin gmaried soon here in the UK, so i have to attend his wedding before i leave.

the tickets just been confirmed and paid for today. and i have recieved my E-Ticket, now all i need is the visa, for which i will be visiting bradford in next couple of weeks.

if you go onto the air blue website: www.airblue.com just enter the dates you want to travel and see what it say. when i booked the 14th was the first "cheapest" day to book, so i guess now it will be aroud 20th august... the more notice you gie before your seat the better.

Thanks

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:38 pm

PAKISTANNNNNNNNNNNN
ZINDABADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

susy1

Post by susy1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Pharoah_Faisel wrote:Im flying alone, using AirBlue

i booked my tickets through www.flightcatchers.com, they re open 24/7 call them on: 02071831808. ask them what the cheapest rates are, im flying on 14th August, my friends also gettin gmaried soon here in the UK, so i have to attend his wedding before i leave.

the tickets just been confirmed and paid for today. and i have recieved my E-Ticket, now all i need is the visa, for which i will be visiting bradford in next couple of weeks.

if you go onto the air blue website: www.airblue.com just enter the dates you want to travel and see what it say. when i booked the 14th was the first "cheapest" day to book, so i guess now it will be aroud 20th august... the more notice you gie before your seat the better.

Thanks
Thanks for the info Faisel, I'll give them a call.

Anxious
Newly Registered

Interview at BHC, Islamabad.....

Post by Anxious » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi

I'm new to this discussion board, and really needed some advice regarding my husbands uk settlement visa. We applied on 6 june and were informed today that he has to attend an interview at BHC. Has any1 had one of these? if so, what does it involve and by when do they let you know the outcome of the interview...? Do you think if i go along to this interview, it would be beneficial? Looking forward to your answers....

Anxious.....
:?

cgame

Post by cgame » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:35 pm

my misses applied on the 4th of june and we are still waiting at least u got an interview.

shameem

Post by shameem » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 am

Anxious, congratulations at least you got an answer. My husband applied in the middle of June and we are still waiting for an answer, although he rang up BHC yesterday and was told to ring back in 2 - 3 days. Same old same old story!!! I have heard that they can tell you there and then at the interview whether you have got the visa or not. Hopefully the outcome will be a positive one. When is the interview by the way?

saiqabb

Applied for the visa of my husband

Post by saiqabb » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:40 pm

My husband in pakistan applied for his visa on the 17th July this month.I have checked on the website and the status says 'Your visa application has been forwarded to the Bristish High Commission 17 JULY 2008'.So what does that mean? Does it mean my papers have been checked once and have been passed to the British High Commision to be checked for the last time before the decision is made?
I also heard it takes upto 2-3 months to hear from them? It used to be 2weeks but has it really changed?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 pm

You need to appreciate that it is only the BHC that decide visa applications. So of course the application has been forwarded there, not so much "before the decision is made", but it order that a decision can be made.

Any VAC .... Visa Application Centre .... is merely that. Yes they will do an initial check, to ensure that the required evidence is present, but they actually take no part in the decision making.
John

Pharoah_Faisel

Post by Pharoah_Faisel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:33 am

Hi guys, just wondering if thesers any difference between:

"Your visa application has been forwarded to the Bristish High Commission"

and

"your visa application has been forwarded to the islamabad OC"

because some people are reporting is says the latter and some the former, status, i wonder if it depends on which gerry office you submit?

My wife submitted her application at islamabad and it says the "islamabad OC"

She submitted her application on 9th July and im getting sick of waiting, so im off to pakistan for holidays before i start uni again.

muzzi17

Post by muzzi17 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi saiqabb,
i emailed BHC regarding the timescale and i got this following reply from them,
How long does it take to process an application?

We endeavour to process all visa applications promptly upon receipt of the application, passport and all other relevant paperwork, including the fee. Islamabad is currently processing all straightforward applications within 10 working days. However if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 15 working days. Some applications may take additional processing time if further enquiries need to be made, for example if there is a need to refer to the Home Office in the UK,

We aim to process settlement applications within a similar time frame, however if secondary checks are required this may extend up to 60 days.

Applicants are therefore advised to consider time scales when lodging applications and not to make travel plans until the application process is complete.

its correct it could take upto 2-3 months

Faisal Lucky YOU!!!
wish i could do that.....anyways enjoy the time buddy

saiqabb

tnx

Post by saiqabb » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Tnx 4 checking dat up 4me.Ye my hubby has paid the fee and he had all the papers complete.So i hope we get a reply soon.

shameem

Post by shameem » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:26 am

Hi everyone. I also emailed BHC in regards to the visa application and all you get is an automated response. The same info can be found on the Gerrys website anyway. Man its so stressfull all this........... :?