ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner switch to FLR(M) from Tier 2 Dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Isti
Newly Registered

Partner switch to FLR(M) from Tier 2 Dependent

Post by Isti » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi all,

Need your help please!

I was on Tier 2 visa for the last 5 years but been in the country for 10+ years, I've been granted ILR on 10 years humanitarian route in mid-Nov 2019. My wife is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa until Jun 2020. I know, I should have gone for ILR on the 5-year route but I guess the damage is done!

My questions below:

1. Is my wife's visa currently valid?
2. Does she need to switch to FLR(M) asap or can she wait until the end of PBS dependent which expires in Jun 2020
3. Is it true that the dependent has to apply from outside the UK if the visa is less than 6 months? Am I misreading the last paragraph on https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
4. Can you please provide me link for FLR(M) guidance? If there's nothing as such, is the above link correct to be followed?

Please, can you provide any official references where possible?
Thanks in advance!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Partner switch to FLR(M) from Tier 2 Dependent

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 pm

1. Yes if there is no plan to travel outside the UK but preferably it should be changed into flrm asap to start 5 yearly clock towards ILR earlier than later.

2. See reply #1

3. Switching is possible from inside the UK

4. Keep clicking on same link which takes you to all guidances even to application form. Also there are several threads available. Search yourself
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Isti
Newly Registered

Re: Partner switch to FLR(M) from Tier 2 Dependent

Post by Isti » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:24 am

Thank you so much! :)