ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help ILR Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rockey
Member of Standing

Need urgent help ILR Query

Post by Rockey » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Dear friends/respected board members,

i am just going to apply ILR 10 years online , i got few queries which i really dont understand , however i have gone some threads but unable to understand, it will highly be appreciated if seniors could reply as earliest as possible:

1. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Answer: ---My family and children lives with me and getting best eduction and i have business and social circle of friends. (or shall i list any other reason if yes that what should be best answer?)
what supporting documents do i need to submit for that reason to stay please ?

2. Do you and your partner currently live together -YES
when did you start living together - what should be answer please shall i write the date when she arrived in uk and started living together or the date when we got married (marriage took place out of the UK)?

3. what format do i need to upload documents pls , could anyone send me link to convert scanned documents and put into seperate folder, like folder for all passports, and folder for all biometric and folder for documents pls?

you are highly appreciated if it could be answered as soon possible becz my application is just on hold , just waiting for answer .

Regards.
Rockey
Best Regards

Rockey

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Need urgent help ILR Query

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Rockey wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:41 pm
1. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
Answer: ---My family and children lives with me and getting best eduction and i have business and social circle of friends. (or shall i list any other reason if yes that what should be best answer?)
what supporting documents do i need to submit for that reason to stay please ?

The above statement is as good as any. No documents required to substantiate it. It’s for applicants who don’t fulfil basic requirements.

2. Do you and your partner currently live together -YES
when did you start living together - what should be answer please shall i write the date when she arrived in uk and started living together or the date when we got married (marriage took place out of the UK)?

Either/or shall suffice. Like the above not a deal breaking question.

3. what format do i need to upload documents pls , could anyone send me link to convert scanned documents and put into seperate folder, like folder for all passports, and folder for all biometric and folder for documents pls?

A simple pdf or jpeg. Take a picture of each piece of document via phone and save as pdf.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm

Thanks Aman for prompt reply!

In regard to query number 1. Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?
One of my friend marked in his application :
I do not have any other reasons for wanting to stay in UK - and he got visa!

I am still confused whether I should list and i a have reason to stay in UK or not! which one is correct answer?

And regarding uploading documents , is it ok to upload individual black and white or colour copy or do i need to scane all related doucuments on on file like all passports on one page together pls? is there any particular size of copy should be ?

One last query is , consent form has three pages to sign on! I understand first page is mine where i need to sign and about second and third one? I am submitting appiicaiton for myself only but will provide utility bills which covers two year of living tegether with wife which has joint name of utility bills , do my wife need to sign second page ? and what about third page , as i am not providing bank statement as proof , do i still need to sign on thrid page or i can leave without sign on third page pls?
Best Regards

Rockey

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:12 am

Rockey wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:10 pm
One last query is , consent form has three pages to sign on! I understand first page is mine where i need to sign and about second and third one? I am submitting appiicaiton for myself only but will provide utility bills which covers two year of living tegether with wife which has joint name of utility bills , do my wife need to sign second page ? and what about third page , as i am not providing bank statement as proof , do i still need to sign on thrid page or i can leave without sign on third page pls?
Obviously ur wife will have to sign the second consent form if her name is on any utility bill.
What does the third one say?
If it’s related to a third party than do you feel you have a third party helping you pay bills?
As per my understanding on 10 years route cohab docs or utility bills are not required.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am

thanks Aman.

Any one can tell me what should i say yes or not on 'Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK? what option is actual correct pls?

What format doucments should be , I understand PDF is ok but what about of colour and particular size and putting in one file - Like all pages of passport on one page of file etc and biometric cards on other folder will all cards on one page , and utility bills on third page?
and what catergory should i select at the time of uploading documents?

I m really fursterated i have no idea which is correct !

Regards
Best Regards

Rockey

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Rockey wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am
Hope this helps to alleviate ur concerns.

1. If you fulfil the basic requirements for LR than answering NO shall suffice.

If you do not, for example, you breached immigrations rules, than say YES and give HO a reason to let you stay.

2. Either colour or BW will be fine.

Uploads must not exceed 6mb altogether as per UKVCAS guidance.

A single pdf of each piece of evidence.

Make a pdf file of a single passport with all its pages.

If ur finding this difficult to do than pay UKVCAS to do it for you or ask ur friend who has already been approved..

Otherwise as I suggested earlier use a smart phone to take pictures and save as pdf as it reduces the size.

Don’t worry abt categories so much. As long as you Upload all under mandatory documents.

Not uploading under specific categories will not undermine ur application.

3. For LR, the basic documents are
1)Passports held during the past 10 years
2) LIUK
3) Eng Lang
4) BRPs if you were issued.

No other documents are required and especially anything to do with ur spouse or finances.

No financial docs or cohab docs.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

Rockey
Member of Standing

ILR Query regading reason of wanting to stay in UK

Post by Rockey » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi Aman,

you are really wonderful and very supportive !

Pls correct me if I am wrong:
1. i have put as ' NO' under the reason of staying in UK -becz i have not breached any law. But i am still in doubt either its write answer-

2. a- i have made one file for each passport of pages , i have just scanned only stamped pages , not all pages- i believe its ok or shall i scan all blank passport pages as well!!

b- scanned BRP of mine , wife and children both sides and make one file , i mean on all one page of pdf, pls correct me if i m wrong.

Mobile scanning is easier but i dont want to take risk of being reject on the basis on scanning documents!

3- i have signed on consent form , second page signed by my wife and 3rd page left blank without sign becz i dont have any financial support by any one , i am paying my fees and i am running my limited company -

I will upload following documents:

1. All passports , mine, wife and children with biometric cards.
2-children birth certificates
3 Marriage certificate
4- MBA UK Degree (as proof of english)
5-Life in UK Test
6- Council tax letters bills showing joint names on account covering two years .

Pls let me know if i am doing any silly mistake.

Regards.
Best Regards

Rockey

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Query regading reason of wanting to stay in UK

Post by aman90 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:25 pm

Rockey wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:44 pm

1. i have put as ' NO' under the reason of staying in UK -becz i have not breached any law. But i am still in doubt either its write answer-

Ok

2. a- i have made one file for each passport of pages , i have just scanned only stamped pages , not all pages- i believe its ok or shall i scan all blank passport pages as well!!

Ok

b- scanned BRP of mine , wife and children both sides and make one file , i mean on all one page of pdf, pls correct me if i m wrong.

Ok

Mobile scanning is easier but i dont want to take risk of being reject on the basis on scanning documents!

Ok. I scanned via mobile for self.

3- i have signed on consent form , second page signed by my wife and 3rd page left blank without sign becz i dont have any financial support by any one , i am paying my fees and i am running my limited company -

Ok.

I will upload following documents:

1. All passports , mine, wife and children with biometric cards.
2-children birth certificates
3 Marriage certificate
4- MBA UK Degree (as proof of english)
5-Life in UK Test
6- Council tax letters bills showing joint names on account covering two years .

Ur wife and child cannot be part of the application. Their BRPs are irrelevant to ur application

2,3 & 6 serve no purpose to YOUR application.
What is the current status of ur family or what have you planned for them
?

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks Aman.

They are on my entrepreneur dependent visa expires in september 2020, i need just one extention for them , thinking about FLR (M) , once they get 2.5 years of visa , spending that time they all will be eligible for ILR 10 year-
Actually we can all be eligilbe to apply for ILR 5 years entrepreneur visa in Sept 2020 but i cant take that risk becz entrpreprneur visa has no Right of appeal in case something happens due to any silly thing- I know they reject for very small things that is why i dont want to take risk.
I believe above decision is in my favour but who know!

you said there is no need to scan birth certificates and marriage certificate but as you there is asking documents in last part of application that is i want to send them as well, i think there is no harm to send in case -
I will try to upload documents via mobile if it works, i may need help while uploading the documents in case then i will ask you again if u dont mind.
Best Regards

Rockey

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:57 am

NO need to upload or submit anything related to your dependents with your SET(LR). Under long residence you must apply on your own and be eligible on your own, so your relationship status and your dependants are not relevant. You may ignore the online document list
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:47 am

Hi Zimba thanks for reply.

when i completed Set LR Application which i guess its right application for 10 year long residence, its showing on page 10 that provide the following doucments with names :

eg.

Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with Mrs XYZ (for example marriage
certificates), and correspondence addressed
either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or
addressed individually to you at the same
address, to cover the last two years

Proof of Mr xyz relationship status
as the married or civil partner of Mrs xyz
Evidence you have to prove the relationship
with your child / children (for example full birth
certificates)

Document(s) showing your child / children's
immigration status such as passports, biometric
residence cards, or vignettes

Document(s) showing Mrs XYZ
immigration status such as a passport,
biometric residence card, or vignette
Documents supporting my other reasons to stay
in the UK

The passport issued by Pakistan for Mr me

Current Biometric Residence Permit Mr zyz (me)

---
that is only reason i just want to make sure becz why they are asking then!

Secondly can i leave withouot sign third page of consent form because i dont have any finance obligation , but i dont understand exactly ?
Best Regards

Rockey

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 pm

You may ignore the online document list as it is not accurate. You need to sign consent form only for yourself
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks zimba for your valuable help,you have been very kind and sportive through out for long time. God bless you mate.

One more query if you dont mind that will help me to apply tonight otherwise i have to wait 4 more days to qualify in applying 28 in advance.

pls find this link
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.0ext.pdf

it says anyone can count their lawful 10 years period as long as he/she arrived UK with 180 days of getting entry clearance - is that true? if yes then i came in uk within 60 days of getting visa hence it can be applied now - i got visa clearance on passport dated 25 September 2009 but entered UK on 9 January 2010 , it means i can apply tonight pls?

One more query : while filling online application there is question : Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?
I said YES i dont know either i should say yes or no? My previous visa is Entrepreneur got degree in MBA in UK , i submitted my degree in last visa! shall i say yes or no here? if say no then the question take me further it asks what degree you have ?

I am sending mba degree anyway but want to make sure either i should say yes or no for that particular question?

Look forward to hearing from you soon .

Regards.
Best Regards

Rockey

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:11 pm

Rockey wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:05 pm
Incorrect guidance notes...

Long residence
This guidance does not apply to the continuous period requirement in long residence cases. See long residence guidance.
Page 5 of the link you’ve posted.

There is no exception to the DATE of ENTRY rule to apply under LONG RESIDENCE.

Read below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf