ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) do they need original passport and brp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zunis
Newly Registered

FLR(M) do they need original passport and brp

Post by zunis » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:36 am

Hi

I’m going to be submitting my flrm extension in feb 2019. I understand you can now upload the supporting documents online. Do you have to attend an appointment even it your fingerprints were taken when you first got your brp when entering the country? And most importantly do they need applicants original passport and brp to be handed in for the duration of the application as I want to go on holiday after submitting my flrm application and going to appointment (if that’s necessary). I would be back in UK before my brp expires but I’ll need that to re enter and obviously my passport. I assume just online scan is sufficient? Same for partners passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) do they need original passport and brp

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 am

Do you have to attend an appointment even it your fingerprints were taken when you first got your brp when entering the country?
Yes, biomterics are required for every application you make to home office.
And most importantly do they need applicants original passport and brp to be handed in for the duration of the application as I want to go on holiday after submitting my flrm application and going to appointment (if that’s necessary).
No, originals are not kept anymore however if you leave the UK while an application is pending, your application will be considered withdrawn and you lose the fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zunis
Newly Registered

Post by zunis » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi just one question.. i think I’ve applied too early. My 30 months are up at the end of feb so i knew i could apply start of feb however apply in my mind meant submitting at steria centre not my own online application which i submitted start of Jan. Will this affect my application or will they see the 30 months were nearly up by my biometrics? I was just wanting time to upload the docs. Should have applied online in feb now. Biometrics were start of feb.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:52 pm

zunis wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:39 pm
Will this affect my application or will they see the 30 months were nearly up by my biometrics? I was just wanting time to upload the docs.
It won't affect your current application, you are allowed to apply for an extension as early as you want. The potential issue becomes ensuring you have 60 months residence in the UK on a spouse visa when you go to apply for ILR. The visa will be valid for 30 months from the date of issue, so if it is issued later than 30 months residence in the UK is reached, you should still be able to meet the 60 month requirement without having to get an additional extension.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 am

Additionally, if you have any remaining time on the previous visa, it will be added to the validity period of the new visa up to a maximum of 28 days.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

zunis
Newly Registered

Post by zunis » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:36 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 am
Additionally, if you have any remaining time on the previous visa, it will be added to the validity period of the new visa up to a maximum of 28 days.
then I should be fine because mine expires in May. expecting to hear back by end of feb according to firm timelines thread. didn't know they take 8 weeks from online application submission and not biometrics..