ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chelie27
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

BRP

Post by Chelie27 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 am

Hi,

I just wanted to know I have done all the applications for BRP which I have applied since 13 September. How long does it takes to wait to get the decision letter and the biometric card? Please help I have been waiting for almost 11 weeks still has not receive any letter from
Home Office thank you.

Bbkay
Hong Kong

Re: BRP

Post by Bbkay » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi. I’ve applied on 5 sept. Heard nothing too. I was told it takes 8 weeks when I applied. But now they tell me it can take up to 6 months!
Good luck!

Jsan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: BRP

Post by Jsan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Hi,

I am seeking advice for a friend who has made an application for a brp card (indefinite leave to remain). This visa (PR) was initially stamped on the passport which got lost.

Further to applying for a replacement he is wanting to travel to India in January for an important reason however the application for BRP according to home office might take 6 months. He is worried about his clearance back to uk if he was to travel.

So his query is

1. Are there any way to speed up the BRP appliction process which is currently in progress ?
2. Can he travel to India while his BRP appliaction still in progress hoping that he will receive it before his planned return which will be by end of January ?
3. If he did not receive the BRP while he is in India then, are there any alternative immigration document that can be used as a proof of residence in UK instead of BRP on his return travel?