ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa process and documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uj95
United Kingdom

Spouse visa process and documents

Post by uj95 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:28 am

Hi,

I am soon going to apply for my Pakistani wife’s visa, she has done her English and just waiting for her to do her TB test. After reading some threads and comments, I am abit confused and would like some clarification please.

1. Can supporting documents be submitted before biometrics appointment?
2. Can I upload documents directly online or do I have to print them and scan them before uploading?
3. For the TB test, English test and passport copies, can my wife in Pakistan take a picture and send me these and then I can upload or do they have to be scanned and emailed to me?
4. For photos, can I make a collage of 4 photos per A4 page with a short description? Or is it 1 photo per A4 page?
5. Lastly, for WhatsApp communication, should I submit both export log and screenshots of chat or just one of them?

Thanks for your help

Alna3569
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa process and documents

Post by Alna3569 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am

uj95 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:28 am
Hi,

I am soon going to apply for my Pakistani wife’s visa, she has done her English and just waiting for her to do her TB test. After reading some threads and comments, I am abit confused and would like some clarification please.

1. Can supporting documents be submitted before biometrics appointment? - yes if uploading online or can be submitted at the time of biometric at the center which you will need to pay extra for

2. Can I upload documents directly online or do I have to print them and scan them before uploading? Can be uploaded directly which is much clearer and better -

3. For the TB test, English test and passport copies, can my wife in Pakistan take a picture and send me these and then I can upload or do they have to be scanned and emailed to me? depends how clear the picture is , I would suggest to ask your wife to scan it in color and email it to you as better the quality is it will help the process to be smooth

4. For photos, can I make a collage of 4 photos per A4 page with a short description? Or is it 1 photo per A4 page? Yup collage can be done , I've recently been through same process and did exact same and visa was granted

5. Lastly, for WhatsApp communication, should I submit both export log and screenshots of chat or just one of them?you only need to submit screenshot with your partner's name showing on top , I would add some phonecalls or any other communication proof you have!

Thanks for your help

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Thanks Alna, I’m sure I will have more questions when I submit the application and documentation. It’s good to know yours went well

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 pm

Just remembered something else relating to this:

Can I submit all documents excluding applicant passport, TB test and English test and then when my wife goes for her biometrics appointment, she can then get them scanned in?
Or can you only upload documents in bulk once? I.e it locks you out of uploading any more documents after submitted?

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:45 pm

uj95 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:29 pm
Just remembered something else relating to this:

Can I submit all documents excluding applicant passport, TB test and English test and then when my wife goes for her biometrics appointment, she can then get them scanned in?
Or can you only upload documents in bulk once? I.e it locks you out of uploading any more documents after submitted?
Found the answer: If you do not have all the documents you need to submit now, you can continue to upload documents at any time before you attend your appointment.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:01 am

Hi,

Does the ‘letter from employer’ have to be dated prior to the submission of application or can I submit application and then ask employer to provide letter? Just thinking that Christmas is coming up and HR might be a bit slow to provide.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:11 am

uj95 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:01 am
Hi,

Does the ‘letter from employer’ have to be dated prior to the submission of application or can I submit application and then ask employer to provide letter? Just thinking that Christmas is coming up and HR might be a bit slow to provide.
Employer letter is one of the documents to keep dated within 28 days of application. So better to have it dated before application submission date.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks. Financial question:

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?

Is this the gross annual salary or the total income?
Some clarification, my gross salary pre tax is £31,000. However, I sold some holidays and therefore have an extra roughly £30~ per month. Therefore is my annual income the 31,360 or the 31,000?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:30 pm

uj95 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Thanks. Financial question:

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?

Is this the gross annual salary or the total income?
Some clarification, my gross salary pre tax is £31,000. However, I sold some holidays and therefore have an extra roughly £30~ per month. Therefore is my annual income the 31,360 or the 31,000?

If £31000 remains the lowest wage figure during the last 6 months then that one should be mentioned assuming you are a salaried person.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

silentsmile
United Kingdom

Post by silentsmile » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:21 am

Alna3569 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am
uj95 wrote:
Hi,

1. Can supporting documents be submitted before biometrics appointment? - yes if uploading online or can be submitted at the time of biometric at the center which you will need to pay extra for

2. Can I upload documents directly online or do I have to print them and scan them before uploading? Can be uploaded directly which is much clearer and better -

3. For the TB test, English test and passport copies, can my wife in Pakistan take a picture and send me these and then I can upload or do they have to be scanned and emailed to me? depends how clear the picture is , I would suggest to ask your wife to scan it in color and email it to you as better the quality is it will help the process to be smooth

4. For photos, can I make a collage of 4 photos per A4 page with a short description? Or is it 1 photo per A4 page? Yup collage can be done , I've recently been through same process and did exact same and visa was granted

5. Lastly, for WhatsApp communication, should I submit both export log and screenshots of chat or just one of them?you only need to submit screenshot with your partner's name showing on top , I would add some phonecalls or any other communication proof you have!

Thanks for your help

I am really sorry jumping , i am completely learning after reading silently. But i am confuse what's that meaning photos collage and A 4size?
Of what, for where, and why.

Plz can some one explain me i M confuse, of this below question and answer.

For photos, can I make a collage of 4 photos per A4 page with a short description? Or is it 1 photo per A4 page?

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 93103.html

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 am

silentsmile wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:21 am
Alna3569 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am
uj95 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help

I am really sorry jumping , i am completely learning after reading silently. But i am confuse what's that meaning photos collage and A 4size?
Of what, for where, and why.

Plz can some one explain me i M confuse, of this below question and answer.

For photos, can I make a collage of 4 photos per A4 page with a short description? Or is it 1 photo per A4 page?

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 93103.html
Please continue your questions in your own topic you already have. It is considered rude and unfair to other posters if you tag on in their topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am

Starting the online application now :)

One question is when did your relationship start?
- is this the day of engagement or wedding? I didn’t physically meet her on the day of engagement but we started to communicate from then

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:12 pm

uj95 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am
Starting the online application now :)

One question is when did your relationship start?
- is this the day of engagement or wedding? I didn’t physically meet her on the day of engagement but we started to communicate from then

Many thanks
What date did you both agree after your initial contact that it is worthwhile to take it further? It is not wedding date as relationship/courting is what eventually results into wedding. Sometimes relationship start date is not clear cut but you and spouse needs to agree on a date should HO decide to interview you, both can mention same date. Good luck.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:13 pm

From your write up You can make it your engagement day.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:03 pm

Where possible and ideally, use a date that can be evidenced.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks.

Question under sponsor details on online application form: 'Will they be travelling with you to the UK?'

I am planning to pick her up and bring her to the UK. Should this be a Yes? or does this only apply if I was living with my wife in Pakistan?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 pm

uj95 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Thanks.

Question under sponsor details on online application form: 'Will they be travelling with you to the UK?'

I am planning to pick her up and bring her to the UK. Should this be a Yes? or does this only apply if I was living with my wife in Pakistan?
Pretty straightforward to reply. If you both will be travelling together to UK then yes otherwise if it is just an airport pickup then no.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:41 pm
uj95 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:55 pm
Thanks.

Pretty straightforward to reply. If you both will be travelling together to UK then yes otherwise if it is just an airport pickup then no.
thank Seagul. Just sometimes not sure if the questions try to ask something other than the obvious stated. :)

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:20 pm

Sorry this might be another ‘common sense’ question/answer but:

Declaration has options to confirm:
1. I am the applicant aged 18 or over
4. I am submitting the form on behalf of the applicant

I am the sponsor and have filled in the application form on behalf of the applicant. The application is obviously in the applicants name. Do I tick option 4?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 pm

uj95 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:20 pm

I am the sponsor and have filled in the application form on behalf of the applicant. The application is obviously in the applicants name. Do I tick option 4?
You can fill it on applicant's behalf but applicant will have to sign on relevant sections/boxes. Option one applies here because its an adult application.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 pm
uj95 wrote:

You can fill it on applicant's behalf but applicant will have to sign on relevant sections/boxes. Option one applies here because its an adult application.

How does she sign on the relevant boxes? Do I need to provide her log in details and a link to sign in the requested fields?
Haven’t got as far as the signing part which is why I ask. Also, can I sign on her behalf if it is just printing of the name?

Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:02 am

uj95 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:01 pm
Also, can I sign on her behalf if it is just printing of the name?

Thanks
Yes, selecting the first option.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:04 am

So I should select that I am the applicant and then submit the application? Or ask her to log in and select option 1?
Or can I select option 4 and then send her a link (she lives in Pakistan) to sign?

Bit confusing, wondering how everyone else has doe this

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:36 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 pm
uj95 wrote:

I just read it with a clear mind and realised you mentioned option 1 applies here. Thanks seagul

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:13 pm

Right so now I have paid and application has been submitted.

When directed to VFS to book biometrics, it comes up with location details.
I am not able to select 'the country you are applying for'. It says select but is also blanked out therefore not able to select the visa type and application centre.

Has anyone else had trouble completing this? Or can anyone help in this please.