ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LATEST UPDATE ON HSMP WEBSITE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:06 am

HELLO ALL,

I logged in today to check if the operational service page has been updated today as they had backdated information till yesterday and this is what I found out.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HSMP

Service standard: 50% of applications to be decided within 4 weeks of receipt in WP(UK) and 90% in 13 weeks.

Current performance: During February, 58% of new applications were decided within 4 weeks and 85% within 13 weeks. If we need to make further checks or seek additional information, your application is more likely to fall into the category that can take up to 13 weeks or even longer.

We are also working through a backlog of older cases as quickly as possible. The oldest applications now being processed were made in the week commencing 12 July 2004.

If you require an urgent decision, you may submit an urgent treatment request by completing a 'HSMP-Request for Urgent Treatment' form and fax or email to:

hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Fax:0114 259 3827
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is some positive news for all the applicants...

ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE.

Regards,
Ravi

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:17 am

this update was put up on the 16th of March and it sort of comes and goes alternating with the 20 December 2004 update. Also some members of this site say they have received emails in the last few days which are saying they are processing 4 July applications, but at the same time we have heard guys from 15, 16 July who have received their decision. Does anyone really know whats going on?

brave
Newly Registered

Post by brave » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:56 am

I believe that Home Office is under tremendous pressure.

They have updated a new web-page saying New Service levels (on top of 16th March update) and thereby running away from the reality(of giving objective output with numbers - Basically dates). Some messages in the recent days in this forum indicate me that they are processing some june applicants at the end of April and hence their update is not perfect(they are not doing 12th july applicants on 16th March). So clearly, HO is under tremendous pressure and hence quoting wrong dates only to alleviate the pressure mounting on all those past applicants.

With the impending elections, they are afraid to quote the exact dates... They know that they got themselves into issues by completely ignoring those HSMP applications from June to November 2004. They expected that they could get away later by speeding up the processing but checking the original documents is time-consuming.

I hope that in the next comming days, they understand that their strategy of avoiding june-november applicants is bad and get back in full-stretch to those applications. (However I doubt anything will happen because the application fee has been raised to 315 pounds now and basically better service level is expected).

I am wondering how many past applicants withdrew their applications and did fresh ones? Also how long does it take to get the original documents back after sending a official withdrawal letter.

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 am

Hello All,

Going forward it would be really helpful if the members who get the approval specify if there case was processed in one of following scenarios

1. Special/urgent Application Case
2. Regular application
3. Random case. (Someone from Nov getting approval,will be a random case I feel)

This would definitely bring clarity to others in developing some understanding regarding how the applications are being processed.

What do others think?

Regards,
Ravi