ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed-for arrival at Heathrow&singapore PR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prashant_2_hsmp
Newly Registered

Help needed-for arrival at Heathrow&singapore PR

Post by prashant_2_hsmp » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 am

hi all,

Once again I am requesting for valuable advice from all of you.

my HSMP work is all clear and due to fly on the 15th of august from singapore. what is normally asked at heathrow immigration? If they ask me why are you here, what should be my answer?

I browsed some threads. i didnt get a concrete answer but people hinted at saying "i am here to live and work in UK".

Another thing - I am on an Indian passport&live in singapore. I had applied for permanent residentship of singapore and my application has been approved. I can go and get it stamped anytime till 15th of august, that's before i leave singapore.

Do you think that seeing "Permanent Residentship" of singapore taken within 2 weeks of my arrival in UK, immigration at heathrow will have a problem?

any advice, any pointers to another thread are highly appreciated.

Regards.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:06 am

The questions at Immigration will/should be standard.

1. Do you have any job offer? If not then what are your plans.
2. Do you have accomodation till you find a job.

My knowledge says you will also need a medical report stating your are not affected with TB.

Your Sgp PR should not raise any doubt on Immigration officer.

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 pm

I had a pretty straight forward interview at immigration.

I was asked if I had job in hand or any interviews lined up. I responded that I didn't have either, although I have a few applications in the pipeline. That's it nothing more. It's good to have your chest xray done and a medical report in hand saying you don't have any diseases. if you don't have it, you need to get one at immigration and it can take quite a long time depending on the queue.

good luck.
Cheers