ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship (Form AN) Question.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabbz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tanzania

Citizenship (Form AN) Question.

Post by shabbz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi,

Firstly i just wanted to express our gratitude that this platform exists, we have used info from topics on this site for every stage of my wife's visa application and it has not failed me once!

CR001 in particular, we have read and followed so many of your posts & instructions from various threads without needing to even ask a single question and we have never been let down.

For this stage, we have had to create an account to get some additional info on the naturalization process as we dont feel 100% confident on the requirements.

My wife currently holds ILR which she gained in June of this year (i have held a British passport since birth), i understand now from reading through threads that she can infact apply for citizenship now.

My query here is what do i need to provide i know we need to give the life in the UK test certificate and language. We have both from the ILR application can we just re-use these? (currently, they are not even a year old so i assume thats fine?)

Do i need to give financials again aswell!?

is there some sort of a checklist in a thread somebody could guide me to for someone in a similar position?

I dont want to fall at the final hurdle per say.

Apologies in advance if i have missed something i could have found via a search, i did try.

Many Thanks
Shabba

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship (Form AN) Question.

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:59 pm

To start off run a dummy application and it’ll generate a list of required documents.
Read both guides.. google. Naturalisation as British citizen by discretion and Good character guidance for nationality. This research above shall instill a sense of self confidence.
No financials required..immigration laws are different from nationality laws.
All passports including one entered on spanning 3 years.
Liuk, English Lang, referee declaration forms, spouse passport, marriage certificate amongst others if required.

shabbz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tanzania

Re: Citizenship (Form AN) Question.

Post by shabbz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Didn't think of the dummy application that is some sound advice.

Will start off with this and the other points you listed and if i am unsure on a point i will drop a message on here.

Thanks for replying so quickly.