ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision made by Home Office not revealed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Decision made by Home Office not revealed

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:49 pm

Hello All,

This forum has been very helpful and encouraging thanks for your contributions. Here is my question.

My HSMP application was deliverd by courrier on 11/3/05. I sent a mail to home office on 30/3/05 and got a reply, same day that a decision has been reached on my application and that I will hear from them soon. I sent another mail asking for specifications but have not received a reply.

According to my calculations, I scored 75 points.

- 15 points for a bachelors of arts degree

- 25 points for more than 5 years graduate level work. ( I was a former staff of the World Bank (2.5 years work experience) and I currently work for an International Organization (more than 3 years work experience)

- 35 points for past earnings.

I am an out of country applicant.

Can someone kindly tell me if they have gotten the same kind of response and what the outcome was. I also want to know if the Home Office will send their response through a registered mail and how long it might take to get to West Africa (Togo, precisely).

Thanks for your swift response, the waiting is very agonizing.

Yours,
Shalom

emma_peele
Newly Registered

Post by emma_peele » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:26 pm

hi buki_agly,

may i know what's the email address that you got that info from? i sent in my application in september 2004 and until now i still don't have a reference number. i called hsmp team twice yesterday but they didn't want to give me a reference number because the birthday of my name in their file is different from the birthday i provided. i don't know what else to do. :cry:

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:39 pm

emma_peele wrote:hi buki_agly,

may i know what's the email address that you got that info from? i sent in my application in september 2004 and until now i still don't have a reference number. i called hsmp team twice yesterday but they didn't want to give me a reference number because the birthday of my name in their file is different from the birthday i provided. i don't know what else to do. :cry:

Hi Emma_peele,

The e-mail address I used is hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
and the information i provided in order to allow them find my records are:

my name, date of birth, nationality, application delivery date and mode of delivery, mode of payment for application fee (mine was by postal order).

Wish you all the best.

I am still waiting for answer from anyone who has recieved a similar reply as mine.

Best regards.

Shalom

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:32 pm

Buky

You might wait for another 2 to 3 weeks to get the letter based on other member's experience. I know how tough it is waiting in this situation. I will suggest you call them and ask .

They will normally give you the result on the phone.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:40 pm

Boom05 wrote:Buky

You might wait for another 2 to 3 weeks to get the letter based on other member's experience. I know how tough it is waiting in this situation. I will suggest you call them and ask .

They will normally give you the result on the phone.
Thanks a lot Boom05,

I have been trying the telephone number and it is endlessly engaged. Do you have any other contact phone number apart from the 114 259 18 94.

Thanks for your swift reply. Do keep the response coming and God bless.

Shalom

syedleo
Newly Registered

Try this channel!

Post by syedleo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:44 pm

send an email on wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all the details (reference number, date of birth, nationality, full name). They are responding back within the next date irrespective of the type of query.

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Re: Try this channel!

Post by buky_agli » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:50 pm

syedleo wrote:send an email on wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all the details (reference number, date of birth, nationality, full name). They are responding back within the next date irrespective of the type of query.
Dear Seydleo,

God bless you for this reply, I have already done so as I saw this e-mail address earlier on this forum. I pray that I will receive a response by tomorrow.

Best regards.

Shalom

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 am

syedleo wrote:send an email on wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all the details (reference number, date of birth, nationality, full name). They are responding back within the next date irrespective of the type of query.
Yes, i fully agree with syedleo, i have experienced the same recently for 2-3 times. and awaiting reply today, as i had sent a mail day before yesterday asking my application's status.

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:45 am

dhavaluk wrote:
Yes, i fully agree with syedleo, i have experienced the same recently for 2-3 times. and awaiting reply today, as i had sent a mail day before yesterday asking my application's status.
Dear dhavaluk, thanks for your contribution. I do hope we will get a response from them today. Can you please explain further on the type of of experience you had with them. Did you receive a mail saying that they had reached a decision on your application without precision.

Please you explanation will be well appreciated.

shalom

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:46 pm

no dear buky,

in fact i just recieved nearly precise replies promptly from that address. LAst week they said that my application is alloted to the caseworker but decision is not yet taken. I have mailed them a day before to know whether the decision is taken, expecting the reply today. I am not much hopeful that they will reveal the decision in mail, but lets see, i'll get back to you all once i get any reply from them in mail.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:55 pm

Dhaval,

We have asked HSMP to comment, please write directly to the HSMP regarding
this application.

Regards,

Vaughan Truelove
Customer Service Advisor
This is what i recieved in reply of my mail today. Will call them now and check the exact sstatus, and will even have to wait for what HSMP writes to me now.

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:36 pm

dhavaluk wrote:no dear buky,

in fact i just recieved nearly precise replies promptly from that address. LAst week they said that my application is alloted to the caseworker but decision is not yet taken. I have mailed them a day before to know whether the decision is taken, expecting the reply today. I am not much hopeful that they will reveal the decision in mail, but lets see, i'll get back to you all once i get any reply from them in mail.
Thanks dhavaluk for that piece of info. It is quite comforting to hear from people in the same situation. I pray that all will be well for us all.

Regards,

Shalom

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:32 pm

hi frineds,

once again shocked, i called HO today on 0044 114 259 1834 (hope this is the number) and the lady at the other end replied that my "application will be sent to agent now" and she disconnected the phone. i rang again and asked her about the email they had sent me last week, she had no answer and she said i will be able to hear somethign in a FEW WEEKS, yes, i confirmed it thrice, and she said in a few weeks.

Don't knwo what to do.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:54 am

Did you apply thru an agent in the UK. If you did they will probably get it in the next few days, rather unfortunate they wouldnt give the decision on the phone. I have also seen here on the forum that some application seem to have been posted a week or so after the decision letter, maybe they were intentionally delaying them so people would only get a chance to reapply after the fee increase

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:18 am

dhavaluk wrote:hi frineds,

once again shocked, i called HO today on 0044 114 259 1834 (hope this is the number) and the lady at the other end replied that my "application will be sent to agent now" and she disconnected the phone. i rang again and asked her about the email they had sent me last week, she had no answer and she said i will be able to hear somethign in a FEW WEEKS, yes, i confirmed it thrice, and she said in a few weeks.

Don't knwo what to do.
Hello Dhavaluk,

I am not sure you got the number right. The telephone number of HO is 00 44 114 259 18 94. I wonder who this lady you spoke to is, as it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a niddle than to get through to the HO on phone. I guess you got a wrong number and the lady just told you want she wants in order that you stop ringing her line. If you try this number, only devine intervention will make you get through to them.

I think we should all just take it easy, keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. This is what I have decided to do, carry on with my life and job and believe that " que sera sera, meaning what will be will be".

have a blessed day all and God bless.

Shalom.

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Reply from customer service

Post by buky_agli » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:10 pm

Dear Friends,

I have just received a reply from the customer service advisor stating that he is unable to disclose the decision in an e-mail. He however said that all correspondence regarding my HSMP application has been sent to the address in my home country and that I will have to wait for my letter.

At least I have something to hold on to.

Wish me all good luck.

Cheers and Shalom.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:57 pm

hi dear baky,

I am sorry, there was a typing mistake, i had dialed 0044 114 259 1894 only, and today afternoon once again i could get through them, they confirmed that my application is still with them adn not alloted to caseworker.

SO, i ahve croeseed my fingers and now waiting for the best to happen...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:20 pm

Good luck, keep us informed when you get it.

buky_agli
Newly Registered

Post by buky_agli » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:21 pm

dhavaluk wrote:hi dear baky,

I am sorry, there was a typing mistake, i had dialed 0044 114 259 1894 only, and today afternoon once again i could get through them, they confirmed that my application is still with them adn not alloted to caseworker.

SO, i ahve croeseed my fingers and now waiting for the best to happen...
Wow, you must have magical fingers. You are a very lucky Chap to be getting them so easily. Like we have concluded, just relax and believe in your good star and all will be well.

Cheers.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:40 pm

buky_agli wrote: Wow, you must have magical fingers. You are a very lucky Chap to be getting them so easily. Like we have concluded, just relax and believe in your good star and all will be well.
Cheers.
No magic fingers, its jut a matter of patience and not at all lucky to get them EASILY, i trid for 45 minutes changing 3 different locations today to reach them and for the first time i tried 3 days dialing and redialing for nearly 30 min. each day, i could succeed just last night.
I was too desperate to knwo abotu the status as the mail had already revealed that they are looking to my applciation, but on phone, i learnt that my application is yet not allocated to the caseworker. So, its always better to talk to them and they even don't trust their emails.