ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ref N

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sisil
Newly Registered

Ref N

Post by Sisil » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Hi everybody!
According to Fed-ex my application was recived on the 28 of March in Doncaster. When should i expect my ref. number?
Untill this moment I was almost only reading this forum, as from now on I will be more active in writing.
I wish luck & success to all of you, this forum helped me a lot in filling the documents.
Best Regards
Sisil :) :) :)

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:42 am

How did you get your ref. N , in my application I gave my e-mail for them to send me my ref. N, but untill now I don't have any ref N send. My documents + appl. are there for 3 days. Should I wait more or start writing them letters and calling them. Please advice!!! :? :? :?

alexkutty

Post by alexkutty » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:58 am

It depends on your mode of payment. They will send the email only after clearing the money.

If the payment is with credit card on the next day you will receive the email.

What is your mode of payment?

regards

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:42 am

I am from the country which is exempt- I am not paying :) :) :)

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:26 am

I still don't have my ref. N send. Probably I should call them? My documents are there for a week now. What should I do? Help.

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:47 am

I suggest to wait for one more week.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:48 am

hi dear sisil,

why to wait? i wopuld suggest to send them a mail. WHen they have now kept a whole section in application form for your willingness to know the Reference No., they must give u when u write them.

But please write your full name, date of birth, nationality and date on which they have recieved the application (according to Fadex).

It may even happen that before you get ur Ref. No, u would get your decision letter, as these days they are very quick for the new applications, you even would have noticed that Feb-March applications are sometimes processed witn 3-4 days to maximum of a week. So wish you best of luck and do let us know if u hear anything from HO.

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:53 am

Thank you for your advice, I will write them an e-mail. Can you give me the address please, I will keep you informed.
:) :) :)

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:04 pm

oh sure,

u can write them at wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and even try to send a CC to HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . the first one will definitely answer your querry, but sometimes the later is more efficient and precise in replies.

ALl the best, by the way, may i know which country r u from?

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:39 pm

Hey thank you for the e-mail. I will write them today.
I am from Bulgaria. :) :) It is funny that recently so many UK pensioners are buying houses in my country and are coming to leave here because the climate and the prices are OK.

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:40 am

I have got my number. Yesterday I didn't have time to write them and ask for my ref. number. This morning I have recived my number. It is signed by smb (there is a name) does that mean that he is my case worker? They write that now they are working on 14/7/2004 cases. I wish you all luck.
Best Regards
Sisil :) :) :)

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:56 am

thats good sisil that you recieved ur ref. no. withotu writting to them. But i am really surprised to know that they say they are currently workign on applications of 14th July, while i heard from another applicant from my country that he had appleid on 8th July, and he was informed yesterday that his application will be alloted to a caseworker by next week. Isn't it surprising to you all?

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:34 pm

in my recipt of ref. no.
for the point

* We are currently working on applications received on ...........

there is nothing but a stroke with black ball-point pen.

I sent application by TCS and on there website there was no name of the receiver.

Then I called TCS and they told me that it was received by Mr.Smith.

Under the "Regards" on the receipt page there was written HSMP with the same pen and then it was erased by using white fluid.

Thats all....

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:02 pm

There is something else that is interesting. When I send my documents I send also the documents of my husband as a separate application. The starting point was the same, I send both of the applications by Fed-Ex and I checked that both of them were recived there on the same date, but my husband still don't have the Ref. number

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:55 pm

Sisil, would you share with us what you submit in your application - how many claimed points for Education, Experience, etc...
Which industry are you working in?

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:09 am

I had sent out a mail couple of days back requesting for my Reference No. to wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and hsmp.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

I got an automated reply immediately from HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. Today I got a more meaningful mail from wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk stating as below.
Dear XXXXX,

Your application has not as yet been allocated a reference number. We
will write to you with the reference number in due course.

Regards

XXXXXXXX
Customer Service Advisor

* Customer Contact Centre
Work Permits (UK)
Home Office
PO Box 3468, Sheffield
* 0114 2594074
My application was delivered to the Home Office at Doncaster thru DHL Courier on 30th. March.2005.

Just an FYI for the members of the forum.

narveer

Post by narveer » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:17 am

Ashok,

Have they deducted Fees from your credit card.Even my application was delivered on 31st but still they havent deducted £150 from my credit card.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:20 am

Do you guys know how long an application stay with the caseworkers?

I applied under EEC1 form (I know, it´s a different kind of visa, but maybe it works similar).
For 5 weeks they have just told AWAITING FOR CONSIDERATION. And 2 weeks ago they told it´s UNDER consideration, and they gave me a reference number.
What is this reference number going to be useful for?
When they mean "under consideration" does it mean they are looking at my application at that day, or just at the table of the caserworker with other thousand applications?

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:49 am

Narveer,

My Credit card is not been debited yet. I think they are receiving Applications in large number because of the Fee hike. I think we might have to wait for a few more days to see the charge on our Credit card.

narveer

Post by narveer » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:00 am

Ashok,

Thats a relief to me. I was wondering all these days may be HSMP has lost my application and was thinking of contacting them.

Lets keep in touch and post our updates on this forum.

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:44 am

I have got my ref N, but for my husband still we have not recived anything, he has posted a n e-mail asking for number and only auto replay was send. I wonder what to do, It is two weeks since they have recived his documents, should I call them? :? :? :?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 am

Sisil wrote:I have got my ref N, but for my husband still we have not recived anything, he has posted a n e-mail asking for number and only auto replay was send. I wonder what to do, It is two weeks since they have recived his documents, should I call them? :? :? :?
have they deducted payment from your card yet? if the payment has not gone thru it means your application is not yet in the 'system' and wont have a ref number.

Sisil
Newly Registered

Post by Sisil » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:41 pm

We are not paying, we are from exempt countries.

ashok71
Newly Registered

Post by ashok71 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:01 pm

Hi Group,

I had sent an email requesting for the Reference Number yesterday. Here's what the reply I got from them today.
Dear Mr XXXXX,

We have not yet received your application in our Sheffield office.

Please wait a further two weeks before enquiring again.

Thank you

HSMP Team
Now, this is a bit concerning for me. The application was delivered by DHL Courier on 30th March 2005. So, does that mean that the Doncaster office is still clearing applications received during the last week of March ? Of course my credit card has not been charged yet either. I'm worried about my original documents that I have sent with my application.

Anybody who had applied in March are in the similar situation ???

narveer

Post by narveer » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:05 pm

Ashok,

Your Application must be in Donacaster Office.Once your Credit Card is charged your application will be sent to Sheffield Office. Dont worry your application must have reached them, its just a matter of days.