ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1)

Post by Jayjap » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Please can I check something before booking test for my wife. She is doing this at Portsmouth as part of her citizenship application. It is definitely this IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1) that she needs to do and NOT IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration fee
GBP 200?

I rang British council who were very nice but said couldn't advise which one was needed. Would hate for application to fail simply for doing wrong test!
Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1)

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Jayjap wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:40 pm
Please can I check something before booking test for my wife. She is doing this at Portsmouth as part of her citizenship application. It is definitely this IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1) that she needs to do and NOT IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration fee
GBP 200?

I rang British council who were very nice but said couldn't advise which one was needed. Would hate for application to fail simply for doing wrong test!
Thank you in advance
You need Level B1 SELT approved. Check the website if the ILETS you mentioned is on the list.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... r_2019.pdf

Safest one and SELT approved is:

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5

10 min only, £150
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Thank you for the advice which is much appreciated. Still a bit confused- On that link for approved tests and test centres you kindly sent it states for Portsmouth:

IELTS SELT Consortium GBS09 British Council, Portsmouth Highbury College, Tudor Crescent, Portsmouth, PO6 2SA UK UK permanent - IELTS (all facets) Life Skills.

There it must obviously be IELTS Life Skills (A1, A2 and B1) she needs to do? As it states ALL FACETS does this mean therefore she must do A1/A2 and B1 ?? OR does it mean she can do any one of those available?? It seems the more I investigate the more confusing it gets. I could try ringing the home office again but really don't trust them after my last experience and having read so much bad feedback.

If you or anyone else could please clarify would be very grateful.

Jayjap
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jayjap » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Think I found the answer!

Just found this on the IELTS website:

If you are applying to UK Visas and Immigration for indefinite leave to remain or citizenship, choose IELTS Life Skills B1.
So I guess the others are only applicable for other visas etc.