ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form Online - both referee from same family

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram14esh

Immediately after ILR as Dependent-Spouse British Citizenship

Post by ram14esh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:32 am

Wondering for my wife as she already have ILR now there is no need for her to wait for 1yr to apply for naturalisation. Just around 1-month now that my wife got ILR can I start preparing docs for applying for her Naturalisation as I have British passport for the past 2 yrs now? she is being continuously residing in UK for the past 5yrs with only 20 days travelled out of the country for family visit within this 5yr.

Beevalley
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: Immediately after ILR as Dependent-Spouse British Citizenship

Post by Beevalley » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:21 pm

What was the date she got her IRL!

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Does the date by any chance will have any impact on her naturalisation application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:02 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:33 pm
Does the date by any chance will have any impact on her naturalisation application?
No it does not.

If she meets all the 3 year residence requirements for citizenship then she can apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Thanks CR001. I will start looking for the required documents I need to collect to start the application for Naturalization.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:34 am

so this 3 yr requirement is as below in addition to that she need to have LIUK and English language Proof?

1.You must have been living in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the three- year period; and
2.On the date that your application is received in the Home Office, you must have permanent residence/ ILR in the UK; and
3.During the three-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 270 days
(approximately 9 months); and
4.During the last 12 months of the three-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days; and
5.You must not have been in breach of any UK immigration rules at any time during this three-year period of residence in the UK.
6.The three years of the residency requirement are counted from the date your naturalization application is received by the Home Office.

Wondering if there is any such rule that the spouse who holds British passport as BC should have completed 3yrs as British citizen in UK as I have obtained the british passport just 2yrs back?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 am

so this 3 yr requirement is as below in addition to that she need to have LIUK and English language Proof?

1.You must have been living in the United Kingdom at the beginning of the three- year period; and
2.On the date that your application is received in the Home Office, you must have permanent residence/ ILR in the UK; and
3.During the three-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 270 days
(approximately 9 months); and
4.During the last 12 months of the three-year period you must not have been outside the UK for more than 90 days; and
5.You must not have been in breach of any UK immigration rules at any time during this three-year period of residence in the UK.
6.The three years of the residency requirement are counted from the date your naturalization application is received by the Home Office.

Yes.
Wondering if there is any such rule that the spouse who holds British passport as BC should have completed 3yrs as British citizen in UK as I have obtained the british passport just 2yrs back?
No such requirement. You could have become British last week only and she would still qualify as spouse of BC. The requirement is ONLY to be married to a British citizen at the time of application. The 3 year residence requirement is separate to this and not that you must have been British for the 3 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

AN Form Online - both referee from same family

Post by ram14esh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:49 pm

I am filling online AN form for my spouse and in the referee section my family friend is acting as a
non-professional referee and his sister is a nurse in UK so she will be acting as a professional referee. Will it cause any problem if I have both the referee's from same family?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN Form Online - both referee from same family

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Referees cannot be related your spouse or to each other.

Find another referee for one of them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Thanks CR001. What I noticed is in the AN online form there is no question if an applicant is applying for naturalization based on marriage (married to BC)?

It just asks if an applicant has already ILR if so what is the previous visa type that lead to ILR?

So how will the case worker know that this application is applied based on the discretionary that this applicant is married to BC and so applying for naturalization immediately after getting her ILR?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:40 pm

Applicant provides copy of spouse passport and marriage certificate.
Case workers are very familiar with these applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks alterhase58. Can solicitor act as a professional referee for kids application. Note that this solicitor is known to our family and dealt with our children's professionally but not submitting naturalization / registration application for us as the principal/teachers at my kids school and even doctor / nurse at GP refused to provide personal details ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Solicitor is fine - as you confirm not involved with Home Office applications.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 pm

Thanks again. Also this solicitor is EU national and it should be ok I think as professional of any national is accepted?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:01 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 pm
Thanks again. Also this solicitor is EU national and it should be ok I think as professional of any national is accepted?
Yes.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 am

This EU solicitor referee passport is expired. Can he still quote his expired passport and be a referee?
Also it seems the fee for registering child as BC would go down due to recent court case outcome? Usually new fee's will be updated every march?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:01 am

ram14esh wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 am
This EU solicitor referee passport is expired. Can he still quote his expired passport and be a referee? Can't comment whether it's ok or not but to be on the safe side perhaps you got someone with a valid passport?
Also it seems the fee for registering child as BC would go down due to recent court case outcome? Usually new fee's will be updated every march? This is not a given - Home Office said they are appealing the decision, which they are allowed to. So it could be quite a while before anything changes and any changes in the fees may not be that substantial.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 am

ram14esh wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 am
This EU solicitor referee passport is expired. Can he still quote his expired passport and be a referee?
Also it seems the fee for registering child as BC would go down due to recent court case outcome? Usually new fee's will be updated every march?
Note also that the court case largely relates to UK born children registration under Form T and MN1 who have an entitlement to register as British. Your children are not UK born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:51 am

Thanks alterhase58 and CR001. Yes my kids are not UK Born and so it would be better to register my kids for BC along with my spouse Naturalization application and this will increase the chances of kids application approval?As both my GP and School refused to sign referee form I was seeking help from this solicitor to sign the professional referee form. Does it really matter if his passport is expired as Home office can email or call him on his contact details if they want any additional information correct?