ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

legacy cases

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FARIDjan

legacy cases

Post by FARIDjan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:34 am

I recieved a letter .
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 4444 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:37 am

i think the HO are now ready to give you ILR . it wont be long now .did you claim asylum as a single or family. which country are you from and when did you claim asylum.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm

come on dude, u shoud know what it means!

it means ILR is on its way! just make sure u certify the photos on the back, probably best to pay a solicitor £5 to do it for u and then sent it asap via registered post.

best of luck.

hardawan
Newly Registered

hi from hardawan

Post by hardawan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Faridjan i have sent back the photos from 27/07 its a month now every one says it takes about 4 weeks to 6weeks im still waiting so now its gonna be this weeks or next week to get back some thing from them and everyone says its a good one like URL we gonna get by this and we HOPE so!!!i gonaa up you date with anything will get! very good luck to you mate

Gsoni
Newly Registered

Post by Gsoni » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:27 pm

Does the Home Office only ask for four photographs or something else as well?

peteruk
Newly Registered

Post by peteruk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 pm

I've got question and maybe Liberal Immigrant can answer it. I am a legacy case and I have not got any ID. if the home office give you ILR, would thay issue you with card as an ID or just a letter.
without applying to travel document. I heard they issue you with ILR and a card contains all your details.
Liberal Immigrant.... any idea?

FARIDjan

legacy cases

Post by FARIDjan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 pm

Hardwan

you send it through your solicitor, and did you sign any thing.
Last edited by FARIDjan on Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 am

peteruk wrote:I've got question and maybe Liberal Immigrant can answer it. I am a legacy case and I have not got any ID. if the home office give you ILR, would thay issue you with card as an ID or just a letter.
without applying to travel document. I heard they issue you with ILR and a card contains all your details.
Liberal Immigrant.... any idea?
they will send u an A4 sized paper called "ISD" i.e. an Immigration Status Document! this will have ur ILR/visa sticker on it and ur name and date of birth etc. u will also get a letter along with it explaining to you that u have been granted ILR.

once u receive a new passport from ur country, u can then apply to the home office to switch the ILR from the ISD to your new passport.

hardawan
Newly Registered

Post by hardawan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:44 am

do you anyidea how long does it going to take as i heard its mix about 6 weeks!!

Gsoni
Newly Registered

Post by Gsoni » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:05 pm

I have a friend who received a letter from the Home Office asking for 4 photgraphs, and if he has any national identity from his coutnry of origin and to confirm his address.

Is that normal that they ask for that?

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:46 am

Gsoni wrote:I have a friend who received a letter from the Home Office asking for 4 photgraphs, and if he has any national identity from his coutnry of origin and to confirm his address.

Is that normal that they ask for that?
no, thats not normal, at least i ve never heard of them asking for national id docs.
they could be considering Removal and so checking to see if he has a passport so that he could be put on a plane and returned home.

if i were him, i would play it safe.

Gsoni
Newly Registered

Post by Gsoni » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Well, his current situation makes it difficult for removal because of his circumstances, but you should never doubt it when it comes to the Home Office.

Let's see what happens!

bahwe

Post by bahwe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:03 pm

hi
liberal immigrant
It is about the letter you sent to your legacy team, lawyers I have contacted are busy or on holidays until September/ October, so I need to do the letter myself, I am in contact with 2 humanitarian organizations who are willing to send me reports and informations relevant to my case and related to art8(family life), should I include what they have to send me? even relevant long reports?

bahwe

Post by bahwe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm

another question:
could the MP help with the sending of the letter explaining the humanitarian circumstances you have? and is it a good idea to involve him?

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

humanitarian organizations

Post by aziz liddawi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:37 am

bahwe wrote:hi
liberal immigrant
It is about the letter you sent to your legacy team, lawyers I have contacted are busy or on holidays until September/ October, so I need to do the letter myself, I am in contact with 2 humanitarian organizations who are willing to send me reports and informations relevant to my case and related to art8(family life), should I include what they have to send me? even relevant long reports?
hi there

could you provide me the addresses of the 2 humanitarian organizations that you have mentioned above. thank you

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:32 am

liberal immigrant
ideally speaking, i wouldnt advise including long boring reports from 3rd party organisations who have nothing to do directly with yr particular set of circumstances.

but more importantly, what has "humanitarian bodies" and their "reporrts" got to do with ur Article 8 rights? if u r talking about asylum issues i.e. how bad things are and how ur life will be threatened back home, then u seem to have forgotten a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy important point i.e.

if u r a failed asylum seeker who is now a legacy case, it means
UR ASYLUM APPLICATION IS DEAD DEAD DEAD!

article 8 rights have nothing to do with asylum, these are rights about u and ur life in uk!!

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

Post by aziz liddawi » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
liberal immigrant
ideally speaking, i wouldnt advise including long boring reports from 3rd party organisations who have nothing to do directly with yr particular set of circumstances.

but more importantly, what has "humanitarian bodies" and their "reporrts" got to do with ur Article 8 rights? if u r talking about asylum issues i.e. how bad things are and how ur life will be threatened back home, then u seem to have forgotten a veryyyyyyyyyyyyy important point i.e.

article 8 rights have nothing to do with asylum, these are rights about u and ur life in uk!!
hi there,

liberal immigrant do you think that the HO has finished dealing with family legacy cases your reply would be too much appreciated.thank you

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am

aziz liddawi wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:
liberal immigrant

hi there,

liberal immigrant do you think that the HO has finished dealing with family legacy cases your reply would be too much appreciated.thank you
yup, i think they ve finished dealing with families back in march 2008. if u r a family and havent been dealt with, u should contact them asap.

bahwe

Post by bahwe » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 am

Salam Aziz
The humanitarian organizations are located in my country of origin and they are for the protection of women rights, so they are no good for you, you could try and go on the internet and look for Algerian or international organizations and as I have done, email them with your case and ask for their help.

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

family legacy case

Post by aziz liddawi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
aziz liddawi wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:
liberal immigrant

hi there,

yup, i think they ve finished dealing with families back in march 2008. if u r a family and havent been dealt with, u should contact them asap.
hi there,

I'm married to British citizen and have a son who's a British citizen too. my case is considered as a legacy case.

I do not know if my case is under family legacy case or not , as I was a single when I claimed asylum application.

your opinion plz thank you

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

family legacy case

Post by aziz liddawi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
aziz liddawi wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:
liberal immigrant

hi there,

hi there,

I'm married to British citizen and have a son who's a British citizen too. my case is considered as a legacy case.

I do not know if my case is under family legacy case or not , as I was a single when I claimed asylum application.

Liberal Immigrant

Re: family legacy case

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:25 pm

i am not sure to be honest.
i hope u have already informed them about ur husband and child. if u havent, u should do so asap so that they can treat u as a priority case.
aziz liddawi wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:
aziz liddawi wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote: ideally speaking, i wouldnt advise including long boring reports from 3rd party organisations who have nothing to do directly with yr particular set of circumstances.

hi there,

hi there,