ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prescott
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependent ILR Application

Post by Prescott » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi, I have found many useful information from this forum and I hope you can shed some light upon a specific question I have.

I am applying for ILR (5-year Tier 2 route) and was asked to disclose penalties including driving offence. I was fined 100 Euro in Spain recently for not wearing seat belt securely as passenger in a Uber. It was not entirely my fault as the seat belt was not in a well functioning shape but the Police fined me anyway, which I did not argue. Here are some facts regarding to the penalty:

1. It happened in Spain
2. I was fined 100 EURO but no points taken. I paid the fine at the scene.
3. The Police note down my UK driving license but got both my driving license number and issue country wrong! (missing a digit at the end when I later checked the receipt), which got me think they are more for the money...

So My question is: Is this fall into the category of penalties and offence, and should I disclose this when applying the ILR? If so, will it affect the application?

Many thanks!

lhrflyer
Newly Registered
England

Re: Traffic Violation Aboard - ILR

Post by lhrflyer » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm

It's not a conviction so you don't need to declare it and as such will not affect the outcome. Given the circumstances, it's likely there would be no way for the HO to ever know of the existence of this anyway.

Prescott
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prescott » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:30 pm

lhrflyer wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:43 pm
It's not a conviction so you don't need to declare it and as such will not affect the outcome. Given the circumstances, it's likely there would be no way for the HO to ever know of the existence of this anyway.
Thanks lhrflyer. I agree with you. Don't think there is a record of this penalty linked to my UK driving license (given the wrong number recorded) and to my potential ILR application and it doesn't feel a serious penalty / crime so I don't want to complicate things by disclosing this during the application. But just want to be sure and get more views from the forum in case I missed anything

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:21 am

For ILR, only convictions that are recorded on your criminal record will affect you. A fine is Spain is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Prescott
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Police Registration For Dependent ILR Application

Post by Prescott » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:00 am

Dear all,

I am seeking for some advice regarding to my case below:

I am applying ILR (5 year working route) shortly and my wife who is also eligible for the ILR will apply together with me as my dependent. She has recently lost her passport and BRP card but have them replaced. She is also required to register with the police and since her passport has changed, she would need to make an appointment to update the police registration form. Unfortunately, the earliest appointment available is in April! We have explained the situation to the police officer but he said there was no way to have the form updated earlier than April but suggested that we submit the application with a cover letter to explain this together with the police registration booking confirmation. Does this sounds reasonable? Could someone has a similar experience please shed some light?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:13 pm

That is fine. This is a minor issue and should not have any effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Prescott
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Prescott » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:13 pm
That is fine. This is a minor issue and should not have any effect
Thanks for the reply! Also thanks for merging the post. I will post all my questions under this thread from now on.