ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DAYS OUT OF UK REQUIREMENT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mackdd
Newly Registered

DAYS OUT OF UK REQUIREMENT

Post by mackdd » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am

Hello,

My name is Moyukh and I am from india. I have got my PR last year and settled status this year. Recently i have been offered a job from Norway , under the new job offer i will be residing in uk but have to travel frequently out of the country, for to support my travel activities company will provide me with letter. I have to self declare my income to HMRC for paying taxes. I would like to know whether it can effect my british citizenship application, as my company is not in uk and i have to travel for work also i have to self declare my income.Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Moyukh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: DAYS OUT OF UK REQUIREMENT

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:06 am

Employment is not mandatory for citizenship.

If you are self employed, you simply state it in the form where asked.

All absences count for citizenship, there is no distinction between personal and business absence and you must meet the requirements, i.e no more than 450 days absence in the 5 years immediately preceding the date of application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months preceding the date of application.

Presumably you need a work permit to work in Norway. Note that if HO don't believe your 'future intentions' are to reside in the UK, you can be refused.

If you got PR last year, what date exactly did you get it?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mackdd
Newly Registered

Post by mackdd » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am not going to work in Norway but in offshore of some other countries for a max length of a week or so at a time.
As per UKBA website , if the purpose of my travel due to work and i can provide supposing documents then i will be exempt for days but the question is if the company is Norwegian is the law applies still? Because i will living in UK , paying all the taxes as per law and the job contract letter will be under my uk address. I am attaching the Pdf copy with it. Thank you.

Regards,

Moyukh
Attachments
home office.JPG
home office.JPG (118.05 KiB) Viewed 396 times

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 pm

It clearly states if you are working for a UK company. You will not be working for a UK company.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Anambra
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Anambra » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 pm

mackdd wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Thank you for your reply. I am not going to work in Norway but in offshore of some other countries for a max length of a week or so at a time.
As per UKBA website , if the purpose of my travel due to work and i can provide supposing documents then i will be exempt for days but the question is if the company is Norwegian is the law applies still? Because i will living in UK , paying all the taxes as per law and the job contract letter will be under my uk address. I am attaching the Pdf copy with it. Thank you.

Regards,

Moyukh
Will you be working for a British Company and going offshore on rotation? If that is the case you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is not a British company then I will advise that you consider your options very carefully. Bear in mind that there is no way that the Home Office will know if you will be paying tax in the UK if you will it be working for a British company. I am not sure the UK address on your contract proves anything to the Home Office. Just weigh everything carefully.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:52 am

Anambra wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 pm
mackdd wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:00 pm

Regards,

Moyukh
Will you be working for a British Company and going offshore on rotation? If that is the case you shouldn’t have any issues. If it is not a British company then I will advise that you consider your options very carefully. Bear in mind that there is no way that the Home Office will know if you will be paying tax in the UK if you will it be working for a British company. I am not sure the UK address on your contract proves anything to the Home Office. Just weigh everything carefully.
The user has clearly stated, more than once, that it is a job with a NORWEGIAN company!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)