ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR 5 year or 10 year route? plus visa query

Post by gargr1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello Smart People,

I am applying for my indefinite leave to remain (ILR) soon. My 5 year on tier 2 visa and 10 year long term residence are due at the same time. Can you please suggest which route is easier to take and require less documentation. My case is straight forward and I am applying alone. My wife is a British citizen anyways and have no kids.

Also
I was reviewing the application form and one of the question is has my Visa ever been refused before.
When I applied for my Tier 2 visa with my current company, initially my Visa was refused due to 1p short of my salary. I got the letter stating all that why it has been refused. However within a day or two they reviewed my case again by them self without me appealing, this time by a Senior office and the decision to withdraw the refusal has been removed. I got my BRP and my new visa in the end.
Can you please advise if this counts as refusal and do I have mention that in my application for my ILR?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR 5 year or 10 year route? plus visa query

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:31 pm

SET LR has less documents but a far less generous absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: ILR 5 year or 10 year route? plus visa query

Post by gargr1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Thanks.

I am in limit for both also. Regarding the visa refusal and case reopening them self can you advise

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR application- Has your visa been refused before?

Post by gargr1 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:56 pm

Hello,

I was reviewing the application form and one of the question is has my Visa ever been refused before.
When I applied for my Tier 2 visa with my current company, initially my Visa was refused due to 1p short of my salary. I got the letter stating all that why it has been refused. However within a day or two they reviewed my case again by them self without me appealing, this time by a Senior office and the decision to withdraw the refusal has been removed. I got my BRP and my new visa in the end.
I think personally this doesn't count as refusal as they withdraw the refusal themselves and issued my tier 2 visa but I could be wrong.

Can you please advise if this counts as refusal and do I have mention that in my application for my ILR?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application- Has your visa been refused before?

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:43 pm

Then it was NOT a refusal as the decision was overturned
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

gargr1 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:56 pm
Hello,

I think personally this doesn't count as refusal as they withdraw the refusal themselveus and issued my tier 2 visa but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance
You can mention it, it will make no difference since the decision was overturned.
Bizman

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Garg1

If you would apply using Set (LR), this question is not asked in the form. Set (O) form has off-course this question.

So if you want to go for Set(LR), that form is a lot simpler and a lot less documentation is needed. Just make sure you were not out of the country for more than 180 days in a go and were not out all together for 540 days altogether over 10 years.

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR Application-Help??

Post by gargr1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi Community,

I need some advise and would be really helpful. I am filling in my ILR application. I am going through the SET(LR) route. My wife is a British citizen but I am not going through that route. However I did mention in my application that I am married to a British person. When it comes to the documents section they are asking for
Evidence you have to prove the relationship with your wife (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years

I have the marriage certificate as we got married in UK on 09/06/19. The complication is second part of the requirement which states correspondence address required. We started living together from the date we got married (09/06/19) in our house and our joint bank accounts reflects the same. Before that we both were living separately. We both can attach bank statements for past 2 years but that would be for different addresses. Can someone please advise whats the best thing to do here?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application-Help??

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:49 pm

NO need to provide anything regarding your partner or cohabitation evidence . SET(LR) has no such requirement and has nothing to do with your spouse at all. Online list is incorrect in this case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gargr1 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks a lot Zimba for replying.

I did mention my marital status while filling in the application and it came up with that requirement.
I am attaching the marriage certificate but wasn't sure about the correspondence address. Also they are asking for my wife immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette.

I am attaching her British passport just incase.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 pm

gargr1 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:05 pm
Thanks a lot Zimba for replying.

I did mention my marital status while filling in the application and it came up with that requirement.
I am attaching the marriage certificate but wasn't sure about the correspondence address. Also they are asking for my wife immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette.

I am attaching her British passport just incase.
None of that is required for set LR. Do not send unnecessary documents. The checklist is incorrect and generic, ignore these documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gargr1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks alot CR001 for your support. :D

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

SET LR Super Priority Service not Available

Post by gargr1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi respected members,

I have just finished submitting my SET LR application and it didn't showed me the option of super priority service. I went through with standard hoping it might let me upgrade in the end, however no option for Super priority came up. Is it possible to upgrade to super priority another way? I am really worried as my visa ends in June 2020. does anyone know what the actual wait time is for the standard route... i know website states 6 months ( praying it really doesn't!)

thanks,

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Re: SET LR Super Priority Service not Available

Post by ogogzy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:47 pm

gargr1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:43 pm
Hi respected members,

I have just finished submitting my SET LR application and it didn't showed me the option of super priority service. I went through with standard hoping it might let me upgrade in the end, however no option for Super priority came up. Is it possible to upgrade to super priority another way? I am really worried as my visa ends in June 2020. does anyone know what the actual wait time is for the standard route... i know website states 6 months ( praying it really doesn't!)

thanks,
I am in the same shoe as you...been looking for the past 3 hours and will continue checking day and night.. how I wish I got one soon!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:07 am

gargr1 wrote:
Hi respected members,

thanks,
Your legal residence continues while your application is being processed and you are protected under Section 3c of the Immigration Rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gargr1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 am

Hi,

If you haven't submitted try after 12am. Unfortunately I didn't read these tricks before and submitted standard application. Hopefully you get the super priority. Keep trying.
Good luck

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by gargr1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:11 am

Casa wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:07 am
gargr1 wrote:
Hi respected members,

thanks,
Your legal residence continues while your application is being processed and you are protected under Section 3c of the Immigration Rules.
Thanks a lot Casa for your reply. Do you know from your experience or research how long it takes for the standard application? Is it actually 6 months or whats the quickest case you heard? Lol I guess that might cheer me up.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:12 am

Around 8 weeks

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Post by ogogzy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:26 am

gargr1 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:08 am
Hi,

If you haven't submitted try after 12am. Unfortunately I didn't read these tricks before and submitted standard application. Hopefully you get the super priority. Keep trying.
Good luck
The trick works. I got a slot at exactly 4:03am

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR Set LR

Post by gargr1 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi All,

I submitted my ILR application in Dec 2019 through ILR set LR standard route. Its been around 12 week now since my biometric appointment and I havent heard anything not even request for more documents. I believe my case is straight forward. 5 year Tier 4 and 5 year Tier 2 and also married to a British citizen. Never overstayed and applied on time for extension and very less days outside the country also.

I know it can take upto 6 months to decide sometimes but reading lot of cases who even applied after me got their results very quick or in 8-10 weeks max. I read as per the service standard they should contact you giving some information in first 12 weeks on your application. I read you can contact your local MP to expedite to get an answer.

My question is do you recommend contacting the local MP?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set LR

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 am

No. The standard timeframe is 6 months. You are not in a position to determine if your case is straightforward or not. That is up to UKVI. Wait to hear back

gargr1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: ILR Set LR

Post by gargr1 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks Zimba for the reply. I understand it can take 6 months sometimes. However as per service standard guideline if my case was complicated they should have informed me in first 12 weeks. I get it I am not in position to judge my own case but I should hear something in first 12 weeks.