ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependents- Deceleration and consent forms.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

curiousja
India

Questions of Dependents ILR

Post by curiousja » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Dear CR001 and other moderators,

Many thanks for your help!!

I got my ILR in Aug 2019, I have to apply for my wife and son’s (born in India, aged less than 16) ILR, they have finished their 5 years recently. Currently, they are on PBS Dependent Tier 2 visa which is valid until Jan 14. They are filling their Set (O) form.

Please help on the following questions-

1. In which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain?
Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain.(Required)
• Tier 1 dependant
• Tier 1 migrant
• Tier 2 dependant
• Tier 2 migrant
• Bereaved partner
• Representative of an overseas business
• Retired person of independent means
• UK ancestry
• Any other employment
• Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms
Answer is Tier 2 dependent correct?

2. Are you the partner or child of your sponsor?(Required)
• Partner
• Child 18 and Older
• Child Under 18
I believe for my wife she need to put partner and for my son it is child under 18?, please suggest what does “of your sponsor mean" here?

3. Person you are applying to remain in the UK with
What is the name of the person with whom you want to remain in the UK?(Required)
This will be used to link your application with theirs
• Title
• Given names
• Family name
• I am not sure how to enter their name

Please suggest will it be my details that she needs to put here correct?

4. Then it asks for Mr XX XX's nationality and date of birth

I believe she needs to put my details here, correct?

5. Mr XX XX's reference numbers
Do you have any of these reference numbers for Mr XX XX?
• Yes, I have their passport number—fine
• Enter their passport number --fine
• Yes, I have their National Insurance number-- fine
• Yes, I have their Home Office reference number (Case ID)- Please suggest which number should I put my previous Tier 2 General related reference number or reference number related to my ILR?
• Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number- Similarly which Biometric should I put my previous Tier 2 General related number or current biometric number related to my ILR?
• No, I do not have any of the above

6. Mr XX XX's current UK immigration status
Which visa is Mr XX XX applying for or been granted?
Choose the route that Mr XX XX has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.
It shows one of the options as Tier 2 (General) visa which I had previously, do I need to put this, as currently I got ILR and I’m no longer on Tier2 General visa.

7. Do you have one of these reference numbers for Mr XX XX?(Required)
Yes, I have their VAF number
Yes, I have their GWF number
No, I do not have a reference number for them
I came on Tier 4 visa which was changed to Tier 2 visa, and got biometric so which VAF/GWF number I should put here. I do have my Tier 2 General and ILR home office reference number and case id but there is no space for that, please suggest what details should I put here?

8. Leave granted on or after 11 January 2018
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?(Required)
Yes/ No
Does this means that when did my wife and son renewed their last visa it was renewed in Feb 2018, do I need to say yes?

9. Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?(Required)
This includes all absences however short. Do not include travel to Crown Dependencies.
Yes/ No

I guess this means that whether they were on holidays (abroad) since they renewed their last visa in Feb 2018, they did n’t took any holidays after Feb 2018 but they did in 2017 so the answer will be No correct?

10. Other country details
Country you lived in Type the name of a country; use the arrow keys to navigate and 'enter' to select one.
Please enter the country you have lived in. You will be able to enter additional countries after you click save and continue. Include all countries no matter how long you lived there.

I believe this is the country they lived in before coming to UK?

11. Date you lived there from(Required)
Enter date in the format DD MM YYYY
Day/Month/Year
Date you lived there to(Required)
Day/Month/Year

I believe this will be birth date to the date they left the country?

12. I believe Life in UK and English Test is a requirement only for my wife and as my son is currently under 16, I guess he does n’t need them, correct?

13. This is regarding my son, it says
Parental responsibility
Who is responsible for your upbringing?(Required)
Mr XX XX
Mrs YY YY
Other
We clicked XX XX, YY YY

14. Your living arrangements
Who do you normally live with?(Required)
Mr XX XX and Mrs YY YY
Mr XX XX
Mrs YY
Other
We clicked on XX XX and YY YY.

Many thanks,

Looking forward to hear from you,

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Questions of Dependents ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:36 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:00 pm
Dear CR001 and other moderators,

Many thanks for your help!!

I got my ILR in Aug 2019, I have to apply for my wife and son’s (born in India, aged less than 16) ILR, they have finished their 5 years recently. Currently, they are on PBS Dependent Tier 2 visa which is valid until Jan 14. They are filling their Set (O) form.

Please help on the following questions-

1. In which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain?
Select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain.(Required)
• Tier 1 dependant
• Tier 1 migrant
• Tier 2 dependant
• Tier 2 migrant
• Bereaved partner
• Representative of an overseas business
• Retired person of independent means
• UK ancestry
• Any other employment
• Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms
Answer is Tier 2 dependent correct?
Correct

2. Are you the partner or child of your sponsor?(Required)
• Partner
• Child 18 and Older
• Child Under 18
I believe for my wife she need to put partner and for my son it is child under 18?, please suggest what does “of your sponsor mean" here?
Correct. Sponsor = YOU

3. Person you are applying to remain in the UK with
What is the name of the person with whom you want to remain in the UK?(Required)
This will be used to link your application with theirs
• Title
• Given names
• Family name
• I am not sure how to enter their name

Please suggest will it be my details that she needs to put here correct?
Correct

4. Then it asks for Mr XX XX's nationality and date of birth

I believe she needs to put my details here, correct?
Correct

5. Mr XX XX's reference numbers
Do you have any of these reference numbers for Mr XX XX?
• Yes, I have their passport number—fine
• Enter their passport number --fine
• Yes, I have their National Insurance number-- fine
• Yes, I have their Home Office reference number (Case ID)- Please suggest which number should I put my previous Tier 2 General related reference number or reference number related to my ILR?
ILR
• Yes, I have their biometric residence permit (BRP) number- Similarly which Biometric should I put my previous Tier 2 General related number or current biometric number related to my ILR?
ILR
• No, I do not have any of the above

6. Mr XX XX's current UK immigration status
Choose the route that Mr XX XX has applied for or been granted, even if their application is still being processed.
It shows one of the options as Tier 2 (General) visa which I had previously, do I need to put this, as currently I got ILR and I’m no longer on Tier2 General visa.
Current status i.e. ILR

7. Do you have one of these reference numbers for Mr XX XX?(Required)
Yes, I have their VAF number
Yes, I have their GWF number
No, I do not have a reference number for them
I came on Tier 4 visa which was changed to Tier 2 visa, and got biometric so which VAF/GWF number I should put here. I do have my Tier 2 General and ILR home office reference number and case id but there is no space for that, please suggest what details should I put here?
Simply say NO if you dont have it

8. Leave granted on or after 11 January 2018
Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018?(Required)
Yes/ No
Yes
Does this means that when did my wife and son renewed their last visa it was renewed in Feb 2018, do I need to say yes?
Yes
9. Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?(Required)
This includes all absences however short. Do not include travel to Crown Dependencies.
Yes/ No

I guess this means that whether they were on holidays (abroad) since they renewed their last visa in Feb 2018, they did n’t took any holidays after Feb 2018 but they did in 2017 so the answer will be No correct?
Correct

10. Other country details
Country you lived in Type the name of a country; use the arrow keys to navigate and 'enter' to select one.
Please enter the country you have lived in. You will be able to enter additional countries after you click save and continue. Include all countries no matter how long you lived there.

I believe this is the country they lived in before coming to UK?

Correct AND any other country LIVED in (if)

11. Date you lived there from(Required)
Enter date in the format DD MM YYYY
Day/Month/Year
Date you lived there to(Required)
Day/Month/Year

I believe this will be birth date to the date they left the country?

Correct

12. I believe Life in UK and English Test is a requirement only for my wife and as my son is currently under 16, I guess he does n’t need them, correct?

Correct
13. This is regarding my son, it says
Parental responsibility
Who is responsible for your upbringing?(Required)
Mr XX XX
Mrs YY YY
Other
We clicked XX XX, YY YY

14. Your living arrangements
Who do you normally live with?(Required)
Mr XX XX and Mrs YY YY
Mr XX XX
Mrs YY
Other
We clicked on XX XX and YY YY.

Correct

Many thanks,

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, regarding point 6,

Mr XX XX's current UK immigration status

there is no option for ILR and only option is available for Tier 2 (General) visa which I had previously

So I need to put Tier 2 (General), as there is no option for ILR...?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:51 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:42 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply, regarding point 6,

Mr XX XX's current UK immigration status

there is no option for ILR and only option is available for Tier 2 (General) visa which I had previously

So I need to put Tier 2 (General), as there is no option for ILR...?
Correct choose Tier 2 G.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Thanks,
Btw, I believe this is the country they lived in before coming to UK?
This does n't include and trip related to business and travel visa and only when you lived with family or for work..correct?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:04 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:01 pm
Thanks,
Btw, I believe this is the country they lived in before coming to UK?
This does n't include and trip related to business and travel visa and only when you lived with family or for work..correct?
LIVED in. Not countries visited for travel or business.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Thanks

curiousja
India

ILR for dependents- Deceleration and consent forms.

Post by curiousja » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:23 am

Dear moderators and senior members,

I have received my ILR (via Tier 2 General route) in Aug, my wife and son (under 16, born abroad) will be applying for ILR, they finished their 5 years on Tier 2 (PBS dependent route).

They are filling set (O) form and having few doubts. Please help us on the following points-

1. As we are not providing any utility bills or bank statements with joint names along with this application. However, I will be attaching my 3-month bank statements and payslips, as my wife and son are dependent on me and I’m financially supporting their application (note other documents that my wife and son's name are living together with me will be submitted, mentioning their name with same address, not the joint name).

Please help us on the following deceleration-

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support
“Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”

Yes/No—Will be No, as we are not attaching any joint bank statement or joint utility bill with this application, although we are attaching separate bank statements with the same address, so it should be No, correct?

“Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

Yes/No— I am attaching my bank statements and also financially supporting my wife’s and son’s applications (as a family not third party), so it should be Yes, correct?

2. Regarding signing consent form it is very confusing, as per my understanding my wife has to sign consent form 1, and as I am not sharing any document related to joint account or utility bills, I don’t have to sign consent form 2, as I am giving financial support (as a family), not as a third party do I need to sign part 3 of the consent form?

In a document checklist it ONLY asks for

“Declaration signed by Mr XX XX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks”

I am very confused as I already got ILR, I can’t sign the form 1 which should be signed by my wife (as she and my son are applicant), so which form should I sign with reference to the above document checklist?

Moreover, it does not say anything about consent forms related to my son who is less than 16, so do we need to add any forms separately for him as well?

Please see below brief template of consent forms and help me on this.

Consent form
PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
“You (the applicant) should sign the Part 1 consent, and relevant other parties should sign Part 2 and 3, where they are relevant to your application. You must send them with your supporting documents If you fail to do, your application may be refused.”

“Where any of the information or documentation also relates to someone else (for example a joint bank account or joint utility bill) you should ask that person or persons to sign PART 2 of the consent form.”
…….
Name and address of applicant:

PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information

“If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration:”

“The above-named person (‘the applicant’) has given the Home Office information or documentation and agreed that the Home Office can check that such information or documentation is genuine and/or correct. I am a joint owner with the applicant of some or all of that information or documentation.”
…..
“Name and address of joint owner”

PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration:

I have agreed to provide financial support to the applicant as set out in the application form. I have provided information or documentation to support the application. I understand the Home Office may verify the information or documentation which has been provided.
….
“Name and address of financial sponsor”

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependents- Deceleration and consent forms.

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:32 am

There is NO requirement to submit 3 months payslips and bank statements for PBS dependents applying for ilr. There is NO maintenance fund or financial requirements at all.

You are required to submit 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both your names.

Can you also please refrain from starting new topics with each question. Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 am

Thanks for you response!!

Please help me on deceleration section and consent forms.

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support
“Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”

Yes/No—Will be No, as we are not attaching any joint bank statement or joint utility bill with this application, although we are attaching separate bank statements with the same address, so it should be No, correct?

“Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

Yes/No— I am financially supporting my wife’s and son’s applications (as a family not third party), so it should be Yes, correct?

2. Regarding signing consent form it is very confusing, as per my understanding my wife has to sign consent form 1, and as I am not sharing any document related to joint account or utility bills, I don’t have to sign consent form 2, as I am giving financial support (as a family), not as a third party do I need to sign part 3 of the consent form?

In a document checklist it ONLY asks for

“Declaration signed by Mr XX XX to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks”

I am very confused as I already got ILR, I can’t sign the form 1 which should be signed by my wife (as she and my son are applicant), so which form should I sign with reference to the above document checklist?

Moreover, it does not say anything about consent forms related to my son who is less than 16, so do we need to add any forms separately for him as well?

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:31 am

Thanks, I will greatly appreciate if you could please help me on the above queries, Many thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Dear moderators and senior members,

Please help me on the above points, we need to apply for ILR soon.

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Dear Gurus,

Please help me on the above questions.

Many thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:40 am

Dear moderators and members,

Please provide your suggestion on above, as we need to submit our application.

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Please ignore the above questions as Application is submitted.

Indian_sarah
Newly Registered
India

Post by Indian_sarah » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 am

hi curiousja , could you please help me with what you submitted at the end . I am also in the same boat as you and these consent forms are very confusing .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Indian_sarah wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 am
hi curiousja , could you please help me with what you submitted at the end . I am also in the same boat as you and these consent forms are very confusing .
DO NOT bump older posts. There is only one consent form and it has 3 parts. Often you simply need to sign the first unless dependants are applying then they sign the first part and you need to sign the 2nd part. 3rd part is for financial support which is not mostly relevant to ILR applications
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice