ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made a mistake on application form

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MACY
Pakistan

Made a mistake on application form

Post by MACY » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:07 pm

Dear Board members,
Asking for a worried friend
I recently applied for my tier 4 application. And i think i made a mistake on my application form. There was a question on the form where it asks.
Do you have any family in the UK?
This includes:
  • Immediate family such as spouse, Civil Partner, Parents or children
    Grandparents or grand children
    your spouse or civil partners family
    your child's spouse or civil partner or partner
    your partner if you lived with them two out of last three years

I selected NO in the answer, as i thought its only above relations they are asking. But i have my brother who studies in the UK on Tier4. However i mentioned about him in the visa interview and told the interviewer that my brother studies in the UK and i will be living with him. Now i realize that may be i selected the wrong answer on the application form. I am very much confused. Should i have selected yes in the answer and give details about my brother?
Would this lead me to the refusal and ban for 10 years or something? I am very much worried as i already have paid my full tuition fee which is a significant amount of money. I have applied for a master's course. Please advise. i will highly appreciate your helps. thanks

MACY
Pakistan

Re: Made a mistake on application form

Post by MACY » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Should i email my university for the mistake i have done? do you think it will help or counter productive?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:52 am

MACY wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:07 pm
MACY wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:21 pm
Should i email my university for the mistake i have done? do you think it will help or counter productive?
I would strongly discourage you from taking on the role of informal visa adviser for your friends.

The student's university has an international student adviser whose job is to guide students with their Tier 4 visa application. I recommend you refer your friend to them for professional advice.

I hope that is helpful.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:34 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:52 am
MACY wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:07 pm
MACY wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:21 pm
I would strongly discourage you from taking on the role of informal visa adviser for your friends.

The student's university has an international student adviser whose job is to guide students with their Tier 4 visa application. I recommend you refer your friend to them for professional advice.

I hope that is helpful.
Thanks for the reply and advise. But nowhere on the above posts i have claimed that i am adviser on Visas, my friend can't use the forums and is not very good with computers. So she asked me to check online if possible. I hope someone can help with the question. thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:34 pm

MACY wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:34 am
I hope someone can help with the question. thanks
The university that is sponsoring the visa is by far their best source of advice. They are as invested in a successful application as the student is.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.