ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Share Experience: Spouse visa first extension at Manchester UKVCAS, UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dennis33333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Share Experience: Spouse visa first extension at Manchester UKVCAS, UK

Post by dennis33333 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi all,
Just got my BRP card today, this forum has been helpful, so I would like to share my experience with you guys and I would also like to help if you have any questions. (self-application)
Service: Standard Service
Timeline: I booked an appointment at Manchester UKVCAS on 4th November and received the BRP card on 18 Dec 2019, so the whole process took 7 weeks, I reckon it must be quite busy at this time of the year. The appointment took 25 mins, I have scanned and uploaded all the doc at home, so it saved some time; it won't be any email or calls to confirm you have submitted the application or your application is in the process, all you can do is to be patient and wait)
My nationality: China
Documents I submit (case by case, may not suitable for your circumstance):
1. both passports from me and my partner & BRP cards
2. my UK master degree & academic transcript
3. our marriage cert (UK)
4. two years of evidence for proving that we are living together (every 3 months, including bank statement joint account, utility bills with both name on, council tax with both name on, letters from HMRC(separate) )
5. my partner employment (12 months payslips, work contract, bank statements to reflect that salary goes into the bank account, employment letter, P60)
6. House (land registry, mortgage statement, council tax)
7. photos span recent 2 years (1 pic every 3 months)
8. correction letter (I was stupid to answer the question, do you share any financial responsibility, I answer no, actually as long as it's joint account for the utility bills or council tax, then you should say yes, no matter if you really pay it from your bank account)
9. some questions I answered, which some people find confusing: do you have other reasons to stay in UK? No;
could you and your partner live together outside the UK if necessary? Yes; have you been out of the UK since you started living here? I first time arrived in the UK as a student in 2013, so I listed every record; do you intend to live with your partner permanently in the UK? yes; do you own or rent your home? Neither Own nor rent (as the house is under my partner's name, we have provided an additional letter from my partner to confirm I have the right to live in our house)
10. consent form & declaration form
11. our flights' confirmation emails or tickets to prove we traveled together across 2 years
{when you upload the documents to UKVCAS system, it's better to edit the document name to be more specific, such as 01.2018_Payslip_Your Employment_Your Name etc.}

Delivery: DX delivery (sign for)

let me know if you have any questions thank you guys

bluedove

Re: Share Experience: Spouse visa first extension at Manchester UKVCAS, UK

Post by bluedove » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Many thanks for sharing your experience.

I have couple of queries once you have submitted application. My query is home office website has given me date until 30/01/20 to arrange appointment with www.ukvcas.co.uk however my wife visa has expire on 10/12. I submitted her application before this expiry date so will there be any problems with her stay ? I am slightly confused with this new online system in place.

My second question is once I have booked appointment for documents etc can this appointment be amended if I am able to find another appointment that is before the actual date?

Any ideas what happens when you visit Core Service Point for documents checks etc ? Do they interview that my wife needs to be prepared beforehand ?

Thanks

dennis33333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Share Experience: Spouse visa first extension at Manchester UKVCAS, UK

Post by dennis33333 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:40 pm

hi there,
the official visa submission date is the day you pay for the visa fee and IHS fee, so you can book your appointment as the home office told you, it won't affect her stay, as long as you submit before the visa expiry date
I think you can change the time or even cancel the appointment but it may cost you some money, it's all on UKVCAS website
the document check service they will just check if your documents are in the right category and the quality of your photocopy, they are not UKVI officer so won't involve an interview or give you any professional suggestions