ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where do I send the referee declarations?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psot2
Newly Registered

Where do I send the referee declarations?

Post by psot2 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:24 pm

I just had my UKVCAS appointment and I felt like something was missing.

Just realised they didn't ask me for the referee declarations. I have both of them in my bag but don't know what to do with them!!

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Re: Where do I send the referee declarations?

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm

They're supposed to be scanned and uploaded with all your other supporting documents before you attend your appointment at the UKVCAS. Once there they will only ask for passport/s. Some say you can still upload on your UKVCAS account on same day after your appointment butthere is no guarantee that this will be sent to the Home Office. Best to now send an explaining email with your case ID number and attach them to the numerous Home office email addresses.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:43 pm

I suggest sending to the below via recorded delivery and a cover letter with your unique reference number (on the checklist sheet) asking them to add the documents to your case :

Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:03 pm

I would still email and then post. I personally have been waiting for a 1st class recorded item to be delivered and it's been over a week already even though they aim to deliver in 1-3 days. With the holidays around the corner who knows when/if it'll be delivered! Post Office will give £50 compensation it goes wrong, but there's £1300+ at stake.

psot2
Newly Registered

Post by psot2 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:02 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:38 pm
They're supposed to be scanned and uploaded with all your other supporting documents before you attend your appointment at the UKVCAS. Once there they will only ask for passport/s. Some say you can still upload on your UKVCAS account on same day after your appointment butthere is no guarantee that this will be sent to the Home Office. Best to now send an explaining email with your case ID number and attach them to the numerous Home office email addresses.
I was able to upload them on the same day. Hopefully it'll get through. I'll also email though, thanks for the advice!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:46 am

Uploaded stuff on UKVCAS system after your appointment are not visible to the caseworker :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

psot2
Newly Registered

Would this be a good email to send?

Post by psot2 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:43 am

Application reference: _____

Good morning,

I submitted my naturalization application on 11/11/2019. My UKVCAS appointment was yesterday on 19/12/2019.

I mistakenly believed the referee forms had to be posted by mail (as the referees had to have written on the back of the image glued to the sheet)! I realised today that this was not the case, and I therefore attached my referee declarations here.

I hope this is ok and will not impede my application!

Kind regards,
Psot2

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Would this be a good email to send?

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:03 pm

psot2 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:43 am
Application reference: _____

Good morning,

I submitted my naturalization application on 11/11/2019. My UKVCAS appointment was yesterday on 19/12/2019.

I mistakenly believed the referee forms had to be posted by mail (as the referees had to have written on the back of the image glued to the sheet)! I realised today that this was not the case, and I therefore attached my referee declarations here.

I hope this is ok and will not impede my application!

Kind regards,
Psot2
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.