ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Naturalization Query

Post by Jack&Jill » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi,

I applied for naturalization on 25 October 2019. Appointment is at Croydon and done with Biometric on same day. On 26 November 2019 I got Citizenship Ceremony letter. On same day I went for holiday for 3 weeks and just returned yesterday and saw the letter. Now I also booked for ceremony in January 2020. I'm surprised without approval letter/receipt how they sent ceremony invitation? I'm afraid is the process is going correctly??

Did I miss the approval letter? Please guide me am I in the right track?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalization Query

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:49 am

Jack&Jill wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:46 pm
Hi,

I applied for naturalization on 25 October 2019. Appointment is at Croydon and done with Biometric on same day. On 26 November 2019 I got Citizenship Ceremony letter. On same day I went for holiday for 3 weeks and just returned yesterday and saw the letter. Now I also booked for ceremony in January 2020. I'm surprised without approval letter/receipt how they sent ceremony invitation? I'm afraid is the process is going correctly??

Did I miss the approval letter? Please guide me am I in the right track?

Thanks.
Are you talking about the ceremony invitation letter sent by HO or the council?

You receive two letters. One from the HO and one from the council. Sometimes the letter sent by HO is received earlier than the council or vice versa.

HO issues two types of letters. Sometimes the approval and the ceremony invitation letter is combined in one letter. Sometimes you receive two separate letters.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.