ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT QUERY - CHANGE COURSE AND SPONSOR FOR TIER 4 -APPLYING FOR NEW TIER 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kat11bh
Newly Registered
India

URGENT QUERY - CHANGE COURSE AND SPONSOR FOR TIER 4 -APPLYING FOR NEW TIER 4

Post by Kat11bh » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:15 am

Hello all,

I am kat an international student, I had applied for a tier 4 for a course 4 months Pre master's course and received a tier 4 today for 4&1/2 months.

However, i wish to change my course and reapply for a different course at a different university at master's level for 1 year . i read i need to apply for new visa with new cas, however i am worried of the below and need URGENT help as i am constraint by time.

1) If i get a new CAS from my new sponsor and make a new tier 4 application for the same start date as in change my choice of course and university, will i get a new visa if the documents are correct ?

2) In case i get a new tier 4 visa granted, i know the old one will get cancelled.

:?: :?: BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT IF THE VISA OFFICER REJECTS OR REFUSES THE NEW VISA, WILL THE EXISTING VISA GET NULLIFIED OR DOES IT REMAIN ?

I do not want to lose out on my existing course and visa if there is a possibility of the old one being cancelled!!

3) or is it that if the new one is rejected they cannot cancel the old one ??

i am unsure of the protocol of the ukvi and need urgent advice and help!!

please aid and maybe help me choose correctly and avoid confusion.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT QUERY - CHANGE COURSE AND SPONSOR FOR TIER 4 -APPLYING FOR NEW TIER 4

Post by sah10406 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 am

Kat11bh wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:15 am
1) If i get a new CAS from my new sponsor and make a new tier 4 application for the same start date as in change my choice of course and university, will i get a new visa if the documents are correct ?
Yes.
Kat11bh wrote:
2) In case i get a new tier 4 visa granted, i know the old one will get cancelled.
:?: :?: BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT IF THE VISA OFFICER REJECTS OR REFUSES THE NEW VISA, WILL THE EXISTING VISA GET NULLIFIED OR DOES IT REMAIN ?
Being *granted* a new visa cancels the existing one. Just applying does not cancel it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bethov76
Newly Registered
Wales

Re: URGENT QUERY - CHANGE COURSE AND SPONSOR FOR TIER 4 -APPLYING FOR NEW TIER 4

Post by Bethov76 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:02 pm

You need to get in touch with the institution that you plan to move to see if this is possible, especially if you hoped to apply in the UK. You may not be able to do this as you will not have successfully completed the programme that you were previously issued a CAS or and therefore won't meet the academic progression requirement.

Get in touch with the new university first to see what's viable before you take a potential risk and maybe lose both options.

Kat11bh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kat11bh » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:26 am

Dearest sha

I want to ask , if the new visa is refused ? What happens to the existing one ?

I do not want to lose in my chance to study in above and below case - please help me

Also , the new Universtiy is asking me to get it cancelled but i do not wish to do that unless i get the new visa successfully ? How do I handle the situation. Please opine.

sah10406 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 am
Kat11bh wrote:
Yes.
Kat11bh wrote:
Being *granted* a new visa cancels the existing one. Just applying does not cancel it.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:28 am

Kat11bh wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:26 am
if the new visa is refused ? What happens to the existing one ?
Why are you thinking it might be refused?
Kat11bh wrote:
the new Universtiy is asking me to get it cancelled but i do not wish to do that unless i get the new visa successfully ? How do I handle the situation.
There is no need for you to cancel it. It will be cancelled automatically if you get a new visa.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Kat11bh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kat11bh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:06 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:28 am
Kat11bh wrote:

I am worried and agents told me as the i received the existing tier 4 visa three days ago and now if i reapply with change on course which i think is better for me, the visa clearance officer may not approve the change of intention and may cancel it under suspicion of why the SUDDEN change ?

SO COMING BACK TO THE QUESTION WHAT HAPPENS TO THE OLD VISA IF THE NEW ONE IS REFUSED

1) IT STAYS AS IT IS ?

2) IT WILL ALSO GET CANCELED ? IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE DOES THIS HAPPEN ?

THIS IS MY MAIN CONCERN - NEW VISA REFUSAL AND WHAT HAPPENS TO OLS VISA IN THAT SITUSTION ?

PLEASE HELP AND OPINE DEAR SAH.

Kat11bh wrote:
the new Universtiy is asking me to get it cancelled but i do not wish to do that unless i get the new visa successfully ? How do I handle the situation.
There is no need for you to cancel it. It will be cancelled automatically if you get a new visa.

Kat11bh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kat11bh » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:01 am

sah10406 wrote:
Kat11bh wrote:

Kat11bh wrote:

can you please opine , in case if the new one is refused, will the ols one stay as it is certainly or may be cancelled?

answerd other questions earlier dear sah. plese help and opine

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Kat11bh wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:01 am
[in case if the new one is refused, will the ols one stay as it is certainly or may be cancelled?
You have asked this twice already and I have answered twice.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:30 am