ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry ILR - Voluntary Work with Spouse Supporting

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tchamber
Newly Registered
Australia

Ancestry ILR - Voluntary Work with Spouse Supporting

Post by tchamber » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Hi,

I am putting together application for ILR and have some questions regarding the employment requirement.

My wife has the UK Ancestry Visa (Expiring 15 Feb 2020) and I have a Spouse visa attached to it.

My wife is in Voluntary employment with a local homeless shelter and as such I am the primary breadwinner (I earn £70,000 salary plus commission).

In the Home Office guidelines it states that unpaid (ie voluntary) work is acceptable under the "Employment" definitions which is fine, and my income should be sufficient to meet the "Maintenance and Accommodation" requirement, which is also fine.

My questions are:

1. What evidence does she need to show for the voluntary work? Will a letter from the shelter organisers be sufficient?
2. In the online application should she just declare £0 as her income and then include my income under the question "Does a relative or friend of you or your spouse or partner (if applicable) regularly give you money?"?

Thanks in advance!

TC

tchamber
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Ancestry ILR - Voluntary Work with Spouse Supporting

Post by tchamber » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:10 pm

Bump