ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Passport from India for UK Born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scher

Applying for British Passport from India for UK Born child

Post by scher » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi All,
I would like to inform you that I have applied for my son's British citizenship using MN1 form as I have recently got ILR. My wife is on FLR(m) Visa currently.My son born in uk and currently staying in India along with Grandparents.
I got confirmation email stating that my son's citizenship application is approved and UKVI have posted all documents to India.

Now I would like to apply for my son's British Passport from India.I would like to know that
1) Can I surrender his Indian passport after receiving his British Passport
2) Do I need to apply for any visa to bring my son back to uk after getting his British Passport

Please clarify on these doubts..

Thanks and Regards,
scher.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for British Passport from India for UK Born child

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm

2) Do I need to apply for any visa to bring my son back to uk after getting his British Passport
Son is British therefore no visa required.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

scher

Post by scher » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi alterhase58 and gurus,
Thanking you for your reply..I am going to submit the list of documents as mentioned below for my child's first british passport..Could you please advise me on any missing documents or any unnecessary documents I am submitting

1. Two Child passport size photos

2. Colored copy of father's Indian passport [Both the current and the cancelled one] and ILR visa card

3. Colored copy of mother's Indian passport and FLR visa card

4. Marriage certificate of Parents

5. Child Birth certificates

6. Child Indian passport

7. Child Citizenship certificate

8. No. of photographs ranging from the wedding, honeymoon, trip to uk, pre pregnancy, delivery day, photograph with the doctor to child's various pictures from the birth day to till date of the application. Each photograph was dated along with its explanation and signed

9. Father's Employment record eg official letter from your employer

10.Father's Tax record eg a letter from a tax authority

11. Parent's Council tax bill [Both parent's name on it]

Please clarify on this,
Thanks and Regards,
scher

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:33 pm

scher wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:27 pm
Hi alterhase58 and gurus,
Thanking you for your reply..I am going to submit the list of documents as mentioned below for my child's first british passport..Could you please advise me on any missing documents or any unnecessary documents I am submitting

1. Two Child passport size photos

2. Colored copy of father's Indian passport [Both the current and the cancelled one] and ILR visa card Not required for passport application for child.

3. Colored copy of mother's Indian passport and FLR visa card Not required for passport application for child.

4. Marriage certificate of Parents Not required for passport application for child.

5. Child Birth certificates Not required for passport application for child.

6. Child Indian passport

7. Child Citizenship certificate

8. No. of photographs ranging from the wedding, honeymoon, trip to uk, pre pregnancy, delivery day, photograph with the doctor to child's various pictures from the birth day to till date of the application. Each photograph was dated along with its explanation and signed Not required for passport application for child.

9. Father's Employment record eg official letter from your employer Not required for passport application for child.

10.Father's Tax record eg a letter from a tax authority Not required for passport application for child.

11. Parent's Council tax bill [Both parent's name on it] Not required for passport application for child.

Please clarify on this,
Thanks and Regards,
scher
Why do you want to submit so many completely irrelevant documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

scher

Post by scher » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:02 am

Hi CR001,
Thanking you for your reply, As we,parents are in uk and applying for our son's first British passport from India after getting his British Citizenship,hence we are needing to provide the documents as mentioned below from Table A section of the pdf. I got this pdf from the page as mentioned below
https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/ove ... ed-kingdom

Table A

If you are applying for a First British Passport you must provide a minimum of 3 documents from the list below as evidence of name and address and/or residency including:

• at least one document with photo identity; and
• two documents which show both your name and address and/or proof of residency

• Non-British uncancelled passport
• National identity card or equivalent (or colour photocopy)
• Driving licence
• Any government or local government produced document which includes a photograph as part of the document
• Visa or residence permit (or colour photocopy)
• Tax record eg a letter from a tax authority
• Educational record eg school report
• Employment record eg official letter from your employer
• Letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department
• Medical/health card
• Voter’s card
• Immigration documents.

As well as the above, if you are applying for a Child First British Passport the following documents are also accepted.
• Parents’ identity cards
• Child’s school records
• Medical/hospital records (birth records)
• Mother’s antenatal records

One of the documents provided should show a link to the parent applying and show that the child and parent are resident where they are applying from.
You must also provide a selection of family photographs of the child with the parents, named and dated over a period of time from birth to current day

As the documentation i need to provide is going to be hectic so I would like to get my son's British Citizenship certificate and his Indian passport, Birth certificates from India to UK through one of my friend and then I would like to apply for his British passport from uk as I need to provide less documentation and process also seems to be quicker..Once I get his British passport then I can send his British passport through courier to India and then My son can travel to uk from India with out any visa..

Could you please clarify on above that whether am i allowed to do the above mentioned process..
Thanks and Regards,
scher.