ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in ILR route twice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hope123
Newly Registered

Change in ILR route twice

Post by hope123 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi All,
Will really appreciate if someone could please help me as I am too confused with my case...

I was given a spouse visa in March 2013 and entered into the UK on 20 May 2013 on the same visa,,,My hubby is a British national ,, my visa expired on 25 December 2015, however, before its expiry my hubby lost his job so I applied on 10 year family route for extension instead of continuing on 5 year route.

I was given an extension but this time on 10 year route,, ,,,

My hubby got his job back soon after and I made another application to change from 10 year back to 5 year route,,, so was given another visa on 5 year route which is expiring in February 2020..

I have spent already nearly 7 years in the UK without any absence.

First 30 months was on 5 year route than around 12 months on 10 year route ,, and again last 30 months on 5 year route,,,

Collectively I have actually spent 60 months on 5 year route but with a gap of 12 months which were spent on 10 year route...

my question is that whether or not I can apply for ILR or shall I apply for another extension to complete a continuous period of 5 years?

Many many thanks for your help...

Kind Regards,
UB

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change in ILR route twice

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:45 pm

You can't apply for ilr yet. You will need 5 continuous years on the 5 year route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.