ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approval and new ventures

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salman_7777
Newly Registered

HSMP approval and new ventures

Post by salman_7777 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:54 pm

Hi fellas,
I just qualified for the real game (i mean, i got the HSMP approval) :) . I am gonna apply for EC next week. As I know, the job market is better than last year but its still a tough one. Could you please give some suggestions about an effective job search including any good starting points.?

Just to give you an idea, I hold a Masters degree in IT. I have around 5 years of work experience in software side including last 18 months with an IT giant in silicon valley in US. I plan to look for software/MIS/TSS kinda job roles. Are there any locations , business sectors where companies still hire a lot than their IT counterparts?
It 'd be great to have your contribution.

Regards,

sashi

Post by sashi » Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:31 am

The work situation is still rather tough. Jobs are not really that many. You may need to work in unrelated area first, or maybe something less glamorous first before moving on to something better.

This is based on what people already there on HSMP are saying. Please dont let me discourage you, getting the HSMP is a great achievement and offers you loads of opportunities in UK, you just need to be very patient.

I have decided against moving to the UK as I have been offered the position of Asst Prof at a university in Malaysia.

I wish you all the best man, and dont give up if this is what u wanna do
Gd luck!!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:35 pm

salman,

Congrats on attaining your HSMP. Best advice I can give you is to review historic posts on this forum as well as the previous one where people have discussed extensively about various methods of job hunting in the UK. Posts by or with responses from Joseph01, Chess, Dip, Madankumars, Subbukuwt (sp), User, Ugurevin, ND and NMSheikh would be a good place to start. Of course job hunting is IT driven so the usual url suspects are also a good source of ideas.

www.monster.co.uk

www.fish4jobs.co.uk

www.totaljobs.co.uk

www.londonjobs.co.uk

Good Luck

yeeshang
Newly Registered

May i know what is HSMP?

Post by yeeshang » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:02 pm

Hello,

Can i know what is HSMP?

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:29 pm

It is Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

Please visit this link for more information.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... /hsmp.html?

Cheers.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 am

Kayalami wrote:salman,

Congrats on attaining your HSMP. Best advice I can give you is to review historic posts on this forum as well as the previous one where people have discussed extensively about various methods of job hunting in the UK. Posts by or with responses from Joseph01, Chess, Dip, Madankumars, Subbukuwt (sp), User, Ugurevin, ND and NMSheikh would be a good place to start. Of course job hunting is IT driven so the usual url suspects are also a good source of ideas.

www.monster.co.uk

www.fish4jobs.co.uk

www.totaljobs.co.uk

www.londonjobs.co.uk

Good Luck
Don't forget www.jobserve.com