ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rommy

Spouse visa advice

Post by rommy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I have recently got engaged and now looking at all the information available for the spouse visa. I am a British national and have got engaged via parents and family so it will be a traditional arranged marriage where I did not know my partner and there will be no to very limited interaction before the marriage.

What I want to know how can I best plan everything so I can apply for spouse visa asap after my wedding ceremony? I am planning to get married in next 12 months. It will be a 3 day event as per our normal pakistan tradition and I will collect all the evidence for the wedding.

Can I apply for spouse visa soon after the wedding celebrations while I am still in Pakistan or do I have to travel back to UK first and apply from there?

I would appreciate if some one guide me to the most appropriate way to handle an arranged marriage spouse visa application. I can stay up to 4 weeks in pakistan on my holidays from work for go through the wedding and visa application process.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa advice

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 pm

Preferably come back to UK after marriage and then arrange documents which shouldn't be older than 28 days from the date of application. Also make sure to have earned at least £1550 per month even through annual leave in that month when you will be on holidays for marriage unless you have 6 months old savings of at least £62500 to meet the financial requirement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rommy

Post by rommy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:08 am

Thank you so much Seagul.

Luckily it will be paid holidays from work so I should be covered as there is no way I am going to have saving of £62k.
Is there need of any minimum balance in my bank account even if I fulfil earning criteria?
I was hoping to apply from Pakistan and pay for some sort of priority application. But if applying from UK is better option than I will go for that.
Does the application have to be made on UK.gov or VFS website?
Thanks once again for all your help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:06 am

rommy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:08 am

Luckily it will be paid holidays from work so I should be covered as there is no way I am going to have saving of £62k.
Is there need of any minimum balance in my bank account even if I fulfil earning criteria?
I was hoping to apply from Pakistan and pay for some sort of priority application. But if applying from UK is better option than I will go for that.
There is no minimum balance requirement in account if you are earning sufficiently. Supporting documents can be submitted either from UK or from Pakistan (if they offer that facility there) but application need to apply online.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1525043639
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:13 am

rommy wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:08 am

Your account balance at time of application is not relevant, your monthly gross income meeting the minimum £18,600 is what's important.
Application is not made on VFS, it's UK.Gov ,vfs is for biometrics appointments etc

rommy

Post by rommy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:09 pm

I am having difficulty decide how to proceed with the wedding planning and also visa application.

I have been advised that I can do the nikaah first in Pakistan in a family ceremony and than apply for the spouse visa and it should be sufficient evidence. We can perform the other ceremonies after my wife receive visa i.e Valima etc and we can travel back togather.

On other hand some have advised that I need to do the whole wedding first and than apply for the visa. But the thing is I really don't want to leave my wife behind after rukhsati is done.

I would really appreciate if someone can help on this matter based on there experience.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:09 pm

rommy wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:09 pm

On other hand some have advised that I need to do the whole wedding first and than apply for the visa.
That will make the case more stronger because you will have a lot of evidences for proving subsisting relationship which is very important.

rommy

Post by rommy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm

I have just spoken to a solicitor and he adviced that if my spouse visa application is successful she will only receive one month visa to travel to UK and once here she will be issued Brp.

Is this correct as I was not aware of this at all?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:32 pm

rommy wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm
I have just spoken to a solicitor and he adviced that if my spouse visa application is successful she will only receive one month visa to travel to UK and once here she will be issued Brp.

Correct. After collecting her BRP from UK if she wishes then can leave & re-enters uk anytime.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:32 pm
rommy wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm

Correct. After collecting her BRP from UK if she wishes then can leave & re-enters uk anytime.
On entry your wife will have 10 days in which to collect her BRP from the designated Post Office.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:49 pm

When you book your biometrics appointment it will also tell you and list on the receipt the location to collect the BRP card from. Usually you’d type in the postcode and it will be nearest post office to your location which provides this service, within 10 days of arrival