ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds - 3 Months or 15 Months Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds - 3 Months or 15 Months Statement

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:54 am

Hi All,

I understand that I need to show that I have 2800 GBP for me + 1600 GBP for my wife in my account for the past three months prior to application as Maintenance Fund. But now I am confused with the reply I got from VFS. Do I have to show 15 Months Bank Statement or just 3 Months Bank Statement.

“The applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 2800 GBP.

The dependent applicant is required to provide 15 months bank statements in which the last 3 months should reflect 1600 GBP. "

Secondly, should the maintenance fund 2800 GBP + 1600 GBP be in a joint account or separate accounts. Currently the money is in separate account; 2800 GBP in my account and 1600 GBP in my wife’s account.

Regards,

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:25 am

Below is the text from VFS India
• Maintenance (funds)
You must have a minimum level of maintenance (funds) available and score 10 points in this section, or your application will be refused.

You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds), which are awarded if:

• you are applying to a British overseas entry clearance post for permission to come to the United Kingdom (known as 'entry clearance') and have £2,800 in available funds. You will have to show that you have enough funds, by sending documentation showing you have had savings of at least £2,800 for at least three months before applying. You should submit 3 statements and the last of which should be no more than 7 days old on date of application.

Submitting bank statements of last three months should be suifficient. Mostly it happens, candidate receive salary in same bank account and since they are claiming points for salary too, case worker expects 15 banks statements.

I remembering readings post on this forum, stating bank account under the name of dependent is acceptable. Please search this forum for such post. I would have personally preferred to keep entire money in self account.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

1. 15 months statement is required to know the source of money with the applicant. You can show 15 months statement, and if you have done any large transactions recently, it will be good to give an explaination of that transaction in your covering letter. (and give proof of that transaction also, for example show a gift deed, if you received a large sum of money from relatives recently, or documents for personal loan, etc.). Please note that giving 15 months statement is not mandatory for maintenance requirements, but it is an advisable "good to have" thing.
Secondly, should the maintenance fund 2800 GBP + 1600 GBP be in a joint account or separate accounts. Currently the money is in separate account; 2800 GBP in my account and 1600 GBP in my wife’s account.

2. Your current setup is perfectly acceptable and correct. Please make sure that
A. your account is owned by you only (or if it is joint account, then it should be owned by you and your spouse only, even that is acceptable).
B. your spouse's account is owned by her only (or if it is joint account, then it should be owned by you and your spouse only, even that is acceptable).

swati46

Post by swati46 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am

The 2800 £ should be in the main applicant's bank account. Dependent cannot provide funds for the main applicant. The 1600 £ can be either in the main applicant's bank account or in the bank account of the dependent

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Jut for the sake of "further" clarification:
swati46 wrote:The 2800 £ should be in the main applicant's bank account.
And also can be in an account where the main applicant and spouse are joint account holders.
swati46 wrote:Dependent cannot provide funds for the main applicant.
True. In other words, main applicant cannot use an account where spouse is sole account holder to show maintenance funds for himself (main applicant). Also, one dependent (e.g. - spouse) cannot use a sole account held by him (dependent) to show funds for another dependent (e.g. - a child).
swati46 wrote:The 1600 £ can be either in the main applicant's bank account or in the bank account of the dependent
And can also be in a joint account where main applicant and spouse are the account holders.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:37 pm

In depth analysis. :wink: