ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Sponsor Obtaining a New Passport after documents submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rssfed23
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - Sponsor Obtaining a New Passport after documents submission

Post by rssfed23 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:48 pm

Hey all.

Quick question. I'm a sponsor on my husband FLR(M) and we submitted all our scanned documents at the local Southampton office on 17th Dec just gone.
I'm curious if it would be okay for me to apply for a new passport now. Reason being; the biometric chip on my existing passport (that we scanned and sent off) I found to be broken upon returning to the UK this morning and the border agent said I would need to apply for a new one ASAP as it may be confiscated the next time I try to come through LHR (which is in a couple weeks).
I went through the application process but then it suddenly hit me; if UKVI start checking the scanned passport of course the passport no will return an invalid/old passport if I've just had a new one re-issued.

My husband believes this is okay as I'm only a financial sponsor and they're using the passport to prove my citizenship status and right of abode here (it shows I was born in the UK) rather than using it for anything more formal as part of the proces, but I want to check.

So, if I apply (and obtain) a new passport over the next couple of weeks (which will likely be before a case worker even sees our just submitted application going on timeline posts here) will it jeopardise or delay our application in any way or cause any other issue?

Many thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) - Sponsor Obtaining a New Passport after documents submission

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:53 pm

rssfed23 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:48 pm

I went through the application process but then it suddenly hit me; if UKVI start checking the scanned passport of course the passport no will return an invalid/old passport if I've just had a new one re-issued.

The detail of old passport will still be visible in system which they can see and also can see that you have applied its replacement. Still if they need anything then may contact you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.