ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry Visa Renewal Question (marriage certificate)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BrunoK1441
Australia

Ancestry Visa Renewal Question (marriage certificate)

Post by BrunoK1441 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Guys,
Really hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.
I'm thinking of possibly extending my Ancestry visa after more than 5 years living in the UK however I've noticed that there has been a change since I last renewed 5 years ago.

It now says on the government website that I must provide the MARRIAGE certificate for my parents and grandparent to either extend or apply for ILR. Does anyone know if this is actually true?

I previously applied with just original birth certificates from my father and grandfather (straightforward, no name changes or anything) so I don't see why this would be necessary now.

Just a little concerned as it's not possible to acquire my grandfather's marriage certificate at all.

If someone could help me or if someone has recently applied/extended I'd greatly appreciate it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ancestry Visa Renewal Question (marriage certificate)

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Marriage cert not required if claiming through the paternal line.

You do realise to renew for a further 5 years is quite costly, you might as well apply for ilr.

ILR fee is £2389 plus £800 if you opt for super priority.

Ancestry extension fee is £1033 PLUS £2000 immigration health surcharge plus £800 if you choose super priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BrunoK1441
Australia

Post by BrunoK1441 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Marriage cert not required if claiming through the paternal line.

You do realise to renew for a further 5 years is quite costly, you might as well apply for ilr.

ILR fee is £2389 plus £800 if you opt for super priority.

Ancestry extension fee is £1033 PLUS £2000 immigration health surcharge plus £800 if you choose super priority service.
Thanks for answering. I had a couple of immigrations solicitors tell me shortly after you answered that the marriage certificates are all now required regardless.

I would still need to provide marriage certificates/birth certificates for the ILR application though I’m assuming.

Thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:16 am

Many who have applied in the last year didn't require them based on what they posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.