ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to get mum to come over for a visit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dollarjojo
Newly Registered

Trying to get mum to come over for a visit

Post by dollarjojo » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:31 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my mum to come over for a visit in early Sept 2008. She's been here before twice and has never overstayed nor violated UK immigration rules before. Her last visit was in Dec 2001.

My case is still being reviewed by the HO as I applied to try and regularise my stay through a combination of long residency and that my child was born and raised here in the UK.He is now 11. I am no longer with the mother and since then, she has (along with my son) acquired UK passports. I arrived in the UK in Nov 1994 and I made my application to try and regularise my stay in Feb 2005. The HO says it's still reviewing it.

My problem is that I would like my mum to come over for a visit (one month only) as I cannot leave the UK yet. In the Visa Application Form, they have want to know:

a) who she will be staying with
b) Full details of immigration status and address
c)If she has family in the uk
d) Provide name, date of birth, nationality, landline & mobile numbers of financial sponsorer

All the above is me i.e. providing accomodation and money.

My question is this:

By providing all this information on the application form, will this have an adverse effect on my own application to regularise my stay, and will it also harm her chances of coming into the UK to see her grandson?

Thanks guys