ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

ILR application

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:47 am

Hi there,
I'm new to this board and i had a query regarding application for ilr. I've been living in the UK for over 9 years and currently im settled under spouse visa which expires in 2021 so i was wondering if i could apply for ilr under 10 years long residency which will be completed in july 2020 or must i wait under spouse visa. And if im eligible under 10 years route which route would be easier/better? Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:28 am

What is your full UK immigration history?

Do you have 10 years lawful residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:17 pm

Good afternoon CR001,
Thank you very much for your quick response. I'm sorry but i cant remember all the details about my full immigration status. But here are all the details i know:
1. 7/7/10 - 26/12/11 - Tier 4
2. Cant remember the date - Tier 4 (made my application before the expiry of my 1st visa)
3. 9/11/15 - 18/05/18 - sopuse visa (made my application before the expiry of my 2nd visa)
4. 06/07/18 - 08/01/21 - spouse visa (made my application before the expiry of my 3rd visa)

Hence, the only time i didnt have a visa was when my application was with Home office. I believe i had to wait a few months for my 2nd visa. However none of my applications were denied. Never nad to reapply for any visas.

I hope its not a very complicated case. Thank you.

Kind regards
Trium

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:23 pm

P.S : Does that visa awaiting time still count to lawful stay? Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Trium wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:23 pm
P.S : Does that visa awaiting time still count to lawful stay? Thank you
Yes, as while awaiting a decision on your visa applications you were protected under Section 3c of the Immigration Rules.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:52 pm

Thank you Casa for your instant reply. So does that mean im eligible for long residency route on or 28 days before completion of 10 years in the uk? If i am which would be better/easier route please - 10 years or spouse? And i'd also really appreciate if you could list me what documents i'd need to submit under long residency. Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Trium

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:56 pm

P.s : no overstay in the uk and never been out of the UK for too long or exceeded overall time allowed for the whole 10 years.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:30 pm

10 year ILR has less documents and no financial requirements etc, but stricter absence limits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:31 pm

Thank you CR001 for your kind reply. So it seems 10 years route is better option for me as i can apply sooner and with lesser documents. But is there any webistes where i can find full list of required documents? I cant seem to find any. I'd really appreciate if you could send me a link or something. Also i used my expired ielts report last time for renewal and got accepted as it was under same route. So can i use the same one again even if im applying under different route? Thank you.

Kind regards
Trium

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:40 pm

You need English level B1. You don't state what test you did before.

For long residence you only need all passports for 10 years, current brp, liuk, English B1 or a degree
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Thank you CR001 for your instant reply. I've got ielts in B2 but its expired as i mentioned earlier. Can i still use it?
So i need not submit my income statement (payslips, bank statements etc.) or my accomodation details (utility bills, council tax etc.) Or any details of my marital status and my spouse' details? Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Trium

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Thank you CR001 for your instant reply. I've got ielts in B2 but its expired as i mentioned earlier. Can i still use it?
Should be fine if test provider still on the list.
So i need not submit my income statement (payslips, bank statements etc.) or my accomodation details (utility bills, council tax etc.) Or any details of my marital status and my spouse' details?
Spouse details in the form where asked. All those documents, NO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Trium
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Trium » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:08 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH CR001 and also THANK YOU CASA for taking your precious time to help me out. I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE all the helps you've privided me.
I think thats all my queries answered for now. Hope i dont have to burden you anymore. THANK YOU ONCE ANGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all your family :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Trium wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:08 pm
THANK YOU VERY MUCH CR001 and also THANK YOU CASA for taking your precious time to help me out. I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE all the helps you've privided me.
I think thats all my queries answered for now. Hope i dont have to burden you anymore. THANK YOU ONCE ANGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and all your family :)
It's not a burden....if there were no questions from members, we wouldn't have a forum. :wink:

Seasons Greetings
Casa
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.