ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier 2 job switch)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

ILR (Tier 2 job switch)

Post by meggo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi all,

I got my initial Tier 2 visa Jan 12 2015 and it would have been due to expire Feb 12 2020. In that time I switched jobs (no time off between roles so employment was continuous) and got another 5 year visa which expires in 2021.

I just wanted to confirm that I can indeed apply in early 2020 based off my initial Tier 2 visa? Secondly, other than a letter from my previous employer explaining any absences, do I need any evidence from my previous role? I’ve tried searching on this but I’m a bit unclear on what evidence I need (eg do I need my P45?).

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (Tier 2 job switch)

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:15 pm

You can apply for settlement under Tier 2 once you have reached 5 years’ continuous leave in the United Kingdom. You can apply from 28 days before reaching that 5 years’.

For documents required see, ‘Specified Documents - settlement’ in the guidance - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page61
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

meggo
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: ILR (Tier 2 job switch)

Post by meggo » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Thanks very much - I just panicked that the switch might have ‘reset’ things. Thanks as well for the link to the full list of supporting documents - much appreciated!