ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awais77ak
Mood:
Pakistan

Long Residence application

Post by awais77ak » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:09 am

Can any one give me advice or share his/her experience. I have been living in the UK since June 2003. In my previous ILR applications, the HO considered a gap in my long residence from June 2006 to February 2010 . In June 2006 I applied to extend my leave for student category but my application was refused with a limited right of appeal. I did not appeal against the decision in the court but sent an application for review to the HO. My review application was under consideration and I started my Ph. D. course in July 2008. Before starting the course I have informed the Home Office and HO acknowledge my application as valid. In February 2010, HO varied my leave and since then I have been lawful in the UK. I will again complete my 10 years lawful residence in February 2020. My current visa will expire in March 2020.

I am bit worried about a gape in my lawful residence from 2003 to 2010. But there was no gap in lawful residence from Feb 2010 to Feb 2020. Would that gape be breach of immigration rules? Would it affect my new application under 10 years lawful residence.

I have three dependants; wife and two children, both born in the UK. If my ILR application is successful then would children get citizenship straight way. Does income rule apply to the dependant's application?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Long Residence application

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Please continue in your previous post - indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p1802871
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.