ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Naturalisation Query

Post by Emirates » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:36 am

Hi Seniors/Gurus

Me and partner are on ILR. Our little one is still on Tier 1 Ent dependent vise. valid till 05/2021. My question is when I travel with her will I have any issue as myself and partner are on ILR whereas daughter is still dependent on previous visa category.

I m travelling next month and will not have time to apply for naturalisation ATM and thought to apply when I return.

will this be fine or is it compulsory that I apply her naturalisation immediately.

your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Emirates

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Query

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:41 am

Adults are naturalised. Children are REGISTERED as British.

If you got ILR based on PBS route and 5 years residence, then the childs visa remains valid and they are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks Char,

My previous application was based on tier 1 ent 50k.

Child born here but her passport is Pakistani as I need to travel to see family and similarly had to apply her visa as well.

Based on the above information I am hoping I should be fine travelling with her?

Do I need to register her before I travel? or I can do it when I come back.

Many Thanks,

Emirates

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:39 am

Child born here but her passport is Pakistani as I need to travel to see family and similarly had to apply her visa as well.

Based on the above information I am hoping I should be fine travelling with her?
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:41 am
If you got ILR based on PBS route and 5 years residence, then the childs visa remains valid and they are free to travel.
Do I need to register her before I travel?
No!!
or I can do it when I come back.
Yes.

Note that registering a child as British is NOT compulsory and citizenship is NOT an immigration application. You are overthinking. A valid visa means the child is free to travel and re-enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emirates
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Emirates » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm

Thanks Char!

Really appreciate your input.

Stay blessed!

Emirates