ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I claim points for Leave encashment shown in Salaryslips

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oneITguy

Can I claim points for Leave encashment shown in Salaryslips

Post by oneITguy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi experienced people,

I am planning to apply teir 1 general in september 2008.
I was in UK from my India company on assignment for around 9.5 months from July 07 to Apr 08. I was earning only UK salary during the time I was in UK.

I came back to india in May 2008.
I was allowed to take 1.5(days) paid leave a month during my UK emloyment and I didn't took any leaves during my 9.5 months assignment for which I have been paid as "Leave Encashment" at the end of my assignment and the same is mentioned in my Apr 08 Payslip and deposited in my bank account by my company.

Can I claim points for this "Leave encashment" for Tier 1 general?

Your help would be higly appriciated.
xyz

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:31 pm

Yes.

oneITguy

Post by oneITguy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:21 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Yes.
Thanks Rajesh for your reply but i have one confusion that there is nothing mentioned in the PBS guide for the same.

So under what clause I should go ahead with this?
xyz

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

Page 17 or 41 (version 06/2008)

106. Earnings may include, among other things:

> allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’ remuneration package

109. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

Leave encashment should be amonth other things, It's part of your remuneration package and declared in payslip.

oneITguy

Post by oneITguy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:52 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Page 17 or 41 (version 06/2008)

106. Earnings may include, among other things:

> allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’ remuneration package

109. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

Leave encashment should be amonth other things, It's part of your remuneration package and declared in payslip.
Thank you Rajesh for your help, My doubts are cleared now....
xyz